Question regarding calories burned during exercise?

Options
Hi, I'm new to this board. I have figured out how many calories I need to eat each day. Now sometimes it will tell me I've eaten too few because I worked out. Here's my question sometimes people don't work out as intensely as they think and sometimes these calories listed may be different depending on what your body type is and so forth. If I ate more it would be going over my calorie expenditure, but that would be including the exercise. How do you guys figure out what works best for you? :drinker:

Replies

• rebby
    rebby Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this board. I have figured out how many calories I need to eat each day. Now sometimes it will tell me I've eaten too few because I worked out. Here's my question sometimes people don't work out as intensely as they think and sometimes these calories listed may be different depending on what your body type is and so forth. If I ate more it would be going over my calorie expenditure, but that would be including the exercise. How do you guys figure out what works best for you? :drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i may be misunderstanding you. if i read this right you are eating less than the standard 1200 calories a day without exercise. you need to eat at least 1200 plus eat all your exercise calories. i don't understand you saying "calories listed may be different depending on what your body type is. a calorie is a calorie. it doesn't matter what your body type is. i am sure someone will come along and post the links about this.
    welcome, you will love this site.
    chipper
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!!!! I wear a heart rate monitor when I workout. Or you can use this site and estimate how many calories your burned. It does not have to be exact. Just be as honest as you can be and go from there. You will do just fine. Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome, read the links to questions posted on the message board , hopefully things will become clearer regarding your exercise cals, you have to eat them to give your body enough fuel to burn your fat off, without putting yourself into "starvation mode".

Good luck with this site, it's very user friendly and a "big " family ....
    :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • rebby
    rebby Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, especially chilli. I meant that I was eating all the allowted calories. The system was saying in addition to the 1200 I should eat more because I exercised. That's what was difficult to understand. I also just meant that when a person works out we all work out at different intensities and it could be the same exercise, so I didn't understand how they could really equate that for an individual. However, I have been told to just get a close as I really think I did that day with my workout. Some days are much better than others.