What to do with the picky eater?

Options
2»

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Think of what this is doing to your kids! Go see a nutritionist!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    If all you like to eat is raw fruits and veggies, why do you need to lose weight? I wouldn't think it possible to get overweight on just those. Or are you trying to gain?

It is possible to get overweight on just about anything.
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    Both of my kids will eat anything you put in front of them
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I urge you to go back and re-try all the veg and fruit that you "think" you don't like. Try different recipes it can make a world of a difference how things are prepared. If you don't like it prepared one way it doesn't mean you can't eat that particular food, it just means you don't like that recipe. Try it again a different way. Personally, I am not very picky. There's a few things I don't care for. Celery being one of them. It tastes like a** covered in dirt. lol But...I still eat it and incorporate it into my diet here and there. I haven't totally banished it from my life.

Also, making vegetable purees out of some of the veggies and then mixing the purees into sauces, soups and casseroles is a good way to include more veggies in your diet. And because you're not biting into huge chunks of the vegetable you don't even notice it's in there. My family thinks they don't like squash. I have put squash puree in almost everything with a sauce base that I've cooked and they never notice. I think sometimes it's a mental thing.