need motivation

Options
I have just signed up for this site and am really hoping it keeps me motivated. Motivation and FOOD are my weakness!! Any inspiring words or advice is welcomed! Thanks!

Replies

• mgc66
    mgc66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I started this in January and lost 16 pounds in 3 months. I slacked off this summer and am trying to get back into it again so I can keep this weight off! Good luck!!
  • cjdixon028
    Options
    you can do anything you put your mind to... Food is my weakness I love going out to eat with friends. Just gotta stick to your goal. will power is the biggest thing to losing weight. you can do it! :)
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Nobody is perfect. It's ok to treat yourself. Eat back at least half of your exercise calories (MFP may grossly over compensate calories burned sometimes). Work your way up to a long and satisfying work-out...don't do too much at once! This site is both a tool and a wonderful community. Look for challenges to motivate you on the message boards...or even start your own!

All in all, WELCOME to MFP!! :D
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am new here myself. I find this site REALLY helps with the planning of meals for the day. You can add/subtract and see what helps you get closer to your goals each day. Good luck and just stick with it. This site is also has great people that will help keep you going when needed.
  • afkittie1218
    Options
    Hello & Welcome! You are going to love it here! I have lost 8.5lbs in about 4 weeks. I also feel better and have more energy. I wont lie there are times where it is hard but it gets easier! Yes I get sick of eating all the healthy food but I keep thinking of my end goal! Also one of the biggest things that keeps me going is ready the success stories every day! I wish you the best of luck and if you want your welcome to add me as a friend!!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Friend me, I'm on daily and love to motivate...=)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this! Welcome to the site! Feel free to add me :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You can so do this! I started in mid March and even with slacking off the last month or so because of the HEAT I've lost 33 lbs and trying to get motivated again is harder than staying motivated!! :)

You'll love this site. The people are AWESOME and so inspirational. Feel free to add me if you'd like. We can keep each other motivated!

Good luck!!!
  • BelindaSlagle
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! We are here for you! We will try to help you along the way. I started in July and lost 10 lbs. so far. It has help me alot. You can do it. Feel free to add me too if you like. :)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I think the key is in being consistent with your exercise and keeping your food diary. I don't eat as much if I know I'm going to have to be accountable for it. It's okay to splurge every once in a while, but make sure on those days that you do, you exercise a few minutes more :) If I know that I'm going to eat something not that great for me, I first look to see how many calories are in it, eat it, than make sure I burn enough calories to counteract the food I ate. That way I still eat it, but I don't feel as guilty :)