Options
A friend and co-worker recommended MyFitnessPal. I'm new. I'm a mid-20s working professional trying to get in shape for a goal career in law enforcement. I work 40 hours a week and am in grad school. Time is limited, tiredness is high, motivation waxes and wanes. Looking for some accountability partners and encouragers!

Replies

• MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Motivation and support were why I joined 2 weeks ago ~ and I've been SO surprised at the level of each I get from everyone each and every day! Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I can, but I'm more stick than carrot
  • nghall02
    Options
    Hi busy lady – I hear you on over-worked, over-schooled, and over-eating. I struggle with no motivation on my off days. I am a scheduler, so planning ahead of time helps me out a lot. I got a trainer (because I just finished school, and have more time now), but maybe a fitness class once a week could fit into schedule (yoga helps with stress!), or set aside a time to get your food prepped for the week. Snack size bags, and a set of containers for every meal/snack, each day helped me stay away from fast food. BUT I do treat myself – I have a weakness for Taco Bell or ice cream, maybe once or twice a month. Having a meal plan keeps me focused on my well-being, not work or school. As always you have to do what makes you feel good in the long run. Have a fab weekend!