hairline fracture in foot

Options
Anyone else had one? I thought I had tendonitis but now it's starting to look like I may have fractured my foot. The pain is not subsiding after a week of mild cardo (walking only) and lots of ice. It's been swollen for 2 days and hurts like heck even if I touch it.

Would you go get it checked out or just rest? This has been going on almost 2 weeks now.

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Get it checked out!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please... get it checked out. I continued working out with hip pain and ended up having a stress fracture in it.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Get it checked out...I had fractured my foot years ago and waited 5 weeks to go to the doctor...thought nothing was wrong...then the fracture turned into a full break and now i have constant foot pain from it. Check it out...worst case scenario it's nothing serious but then at least you know.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Please get it checked out immediately. I was in a boot for six weeks. It can be painful, but you do NOT want to make it worse where you can have recurring long-term problems.
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am going to the urgent care clinic tonight when my husband gets home. I would rather be safe than sorry. Even if they can show me ways to wrap and support it that would be worth the trip.