Shredding Question

Options
I'm on Day 5 Level 1 of Jillian's 30 day Shred. I've always heard that you're NOT supposed to work the same muscles every day. But I'm doing these same exercises for 10 days then moving on to level 2... which l believe is a harder version of what I'm doing now. Is it because you're not doing so many sets with the weights that you don't need to rest a day in between or because it's such a short workout? I'm not burning that many calories either, around 124 but I'm more concerned with toning up anyway. I'm going to keep going but just wondering how this program works & if everyone is getting good results with it. :smile:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't strength train the same muscles everyday. The 30DS is more of a circuit training routine - which is fine to do every day. And I'm not sure how you come up with 124 calories that your burning. I do this workout and without trying very hard I burn 270 or more.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had really good results from Shredding. Using a HRM I burnt on average 230 calories per workout (level one). I had very sore tight muscles for the 1st 4 days, had a day off then carried on and felt a lot better. Not sure why it works but it does have quick results that you can see.
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I burn around 150-200 depending on the level.
  • jojospero
    jojospero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't strength train the same muscles everyday. The 30DS is more of a circuit training routine - which is fine to do every day. And I'm not sure how you come up with 124 calories that your burning. I do this workout and without trying very hard I burn 270 or more.

Thanks! I use a heart rate monitor. I don't think it's that hard but I didn't want to move to the next level until I reached 10 days. I burned 300 calories for 30 minutes of running right after so at least I'm burning some extra calories by adding some more cardio.