Getting through treat day at work

2»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    A few years ago, I started paying close attention to things I ate and how they affected me. It was then that I noticed something about bagels....not sure if its just me, but whenever I ate one in the morning, I had a HUGE carb-crash by early afternoon, would be more hungry than usual and almost had to struggle to stay awake at work.

Ever since then, I just think about how it makes me feel later, and that makes it much easier to turn them down....

On a side note...I just had to go pick up lunch for a group who is stuck inside working on a special project...from the MOST amazing pizza joint in the area. That was cruel and unusual punishment to have to go in there and then smell it on my way back, but I stayed strong, dropped it off and got the heck outta there :)
  • A few years ago, I started paying close attention to things I ate and how they affected me. It was then that I noticed something about bagels....not sure if its just me, but whenever I ate one in the morning, I had a HUGE carb-crash by early afternoon, would be more hungry than usual and almost had to struggle to stay awake at work.

Ever since then, I just think about how it makes me feel later, and that makes it much easier to turn them down....

On a side note...I just had to go pick up lunch for a group who is stuck inside working on a special project...from the MOST amazing pizza joint in the area. That was cruel and unusual punishment to have to go in there and then smell it on my way back, but I stayed strong, dropped it off and got the heck outta there :)

Tell me about it, my boyfriend isn't on the weight loss thing anymore cause he lost his a long time ago (he was over 300lbs and is now down in the 100's), so he gets to eat that stuff and he's a chef so...well you know lol. But the other day we went to dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant and I absolutely love their food. It was in my face the whole time lol, but I stayed strong and just had a salad, some fruit (that wasn't that good) and some sushi. And it was all well below my goal.
This discussion has been closed.