Elliptical, Biking, Walking.... help!

Options
2»

Replies

• mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think that might work for me. I am definitely going to try that. Switching it up might be the key, and I'll start doing some strength training. I am so close to my first goal, I just need to stay focused, and get a little helping advice from some fellow hard workers. :)

And keep in mind that properly done, the strength training will keep your metabolism in high gear for longer than cardio, so while cardio will often burn more calories while exercising than strength training - strength training will often keep "after-burning" longer than cardio.

Also strength training will help tone up some of the areas cardio often reach directly on the muscular level (in my own case the upper body and arms).

Edit: And as some have already mentioned it's nice to switch up things so as not to get bored. And also the human body excels at doing what it's trained to do very efficiently (efficiently = doing as much as possible while spending as little energy as possible). So by switching the cardio styles up you will probably get a better over all training in the long run as your body will have to adapt to many different movements rather than specializing in becoming efficient in a single type of movement.