....a re-introduction.

Options
I don't know what to tell you guys, I started well but let things get away from me. I think MFP is going to be the thing that helps me get to my goals. But...I got lazy, that's the simple truth. So I'm asking myself, do I REALLY want to lose weight and do I have what it takes.

After consideration, the answer to both is YES.

So I thought it'd be apt to reintroduce myself, see if anyone wants to add me so we can help each other. And to kick off, I think where I really struggle is when it comes to making decisions in the moment. I find it so easy to not see the long term impact of my immediate actions. I can always say, "I'll just eat this now, I can really go for it in the future" or similar. I need to train myself to think about the impact of my decision IN THE MOMENT, but I'll be honest, I find that really difficult.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

The thing that works for me is to translate the extra calories I'm thinking about devouring into minutes on the treadmill. I think, "If I'm gonna eat this piece of cake, and that's about 600 friggin' calories...then that's an extra 45 minutes of RUNNING (110 minutes of walking) on the treadmill today, on top of my usual 30-minute workout. Can I even DO that? Is it worth one silly piece of cake?". The answer is nearly always "no way".

So I've trained myself to look at each "treat" in terms of calories/time. It helps me keep soda pop, extra-helpings, desserts, and other calorie-bombs in perspective.

Take care,

Rob
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yes you do have what it takes, we all do, it's just a matter of focusing and just doing it! We all need to focus on healthly choices for a healthy lifstyles. We can do it!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

The thing that works for me is to translate the extra calories I'm thinking about devouring into minutes on the treadmill. I think, "If I'm gonna eat this piece of cake, and that's about 600 friggin' calories...then that's an extra 45 minutes of RUNNING (110 minutes of walking) on the treadmill today, on top of my usual 30-minute workout. Can I even DO that? Is it worth one silly piece of cake?". The answer is nearly always "no way".

So I've trained myself to look at each "treat" in terms of calories/time. It helps me keep soda pop, extra-helpings, desserts, and other calorie-bombs in perspective.

Take care,

Rob

Great post !! This is how I try to think aswell :)

Welcome back to mfp you've made the right decision !!
  • vshizuru
    Options
    For me , except tracking my food and exercise. I bought one beautiful dress and of course It is too fit now.
    So I will keep doing it until I can wear this dress.