My new bezzy mate

:flowerforyou:

Hi I am Joani from UK, and have always struggled with my weight. In Jan 2007 I gave up cigarettes, already overweight I put on almost 4 stones. I dieted myself since mothers day (March) 2010 till the Christmas and lost 3 stones in the 9 months. I found it very hard, at 63 and being 5 feet 2 inches and was so chuffed - I felt a little exta over the holiday would be fine. I would go back on my 'weight watching' in the new year - alas the weight watching never started and I put back on half of my 3 stone!! - between Christmas and now. My daughter introduced me to Myfitnesspal, I am so glad. My daughter said to me "mum - It is so easy, you can literally eat anything so long it is in moderation and watch the calories the programme helps you work out the calorific value of almost everything. Food intake is logged and the calories are deducted at each meal" I thought another gimmick. NO it is so good and so easy to stick to a calorie controlled plan. WELL this week I gave it a try, and hey ho I lost 6 pounds - yes six pounds. I set my first goal at 1 stone loss and now I only have 8lb to my first goal! I would like to add that I have several problems which prevent me from doing any cardio or strength excercises. I am used to sitting around for most of the day. My daily intake was for 1200 calories so had to do something to 'earn' extra. I started making an effort to walk the stairs. Do some light housework (my daughter has allways helped) and have been, doing a little general gardening (not energetic but at least I am off my backside!! This has allowed some extra calories which I use for snacks. So you see you can be disabled and loose weight without going to the gym. Am even going to look into armchair excersises for more 'extra' calories to earn. So thank you to my daughter for finding MFP and introducing it to me!! You are my new best friend MFP, how do you do

Replies

• What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. I am new too and it is crazy to see how calories add up fast if you aren't paying attention.

Have fun.
  • Since I have been logging every in, I can now see where my extra pounds came from. Good luck and lets see where we are in a couple of weeks!