Somebody totally called me fat today!

Options
well....not in so many words... but you know how they try to say it under the guise of a fake compliment :explode: . I wanted to say eff you I lost 20lbs, but I couldn't say anything really b.c my culture teaches never to disrespect an elder! This is a rant cause I feel like crap .

Replies

• Trev87
    Trev87 Posts: 9
    Options
    Use this as a way to motivate yourself to achieve your goals, make sure the next time (if) you see them, you make their jaw drop. Don't think of any comment as negative any more, it'll just push you backwards, you want to go forward so use everything said to boost your confidence and get to your goal =]
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    disrespect me?
    I'll disrespect you
    don't care how old you are
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Channel that anger into exercise girl! You'll burn off steam, feel better and be one step closer to your goal!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) have been there so totally understand your feelings, but the above poster about channeling that energy is right. Don't let it eat you up, you will be more emphatic for friends and people you meet who are struggling with their weight and stronger for this journey. You CAN do this for you.. so you don't have to listen to people like this.

Keep up the great work.
  • audrarice
    Options
    I have found that sometimes when people say things like that, they really are just uncomfortable with themselves and where they are in life. Keep moving toward your goals and be the bigger person! Lol
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Some people have no verbal filters at all.
    I'm sorry you were disrespected like that :(