New here

Options
Hi, I'm a SAHM of 3 and I homeschool 2 of them. After my most recent baby I actually gained back my weight when my back went out less than 3 weeks after he was born. So I am almost as heavy now as I was at the end of my pregnancy. My son will be 1 year old in less than a month. I want to lose weight to be healthier and to keep my back strong and in shape. I've never been this heavy non-pregnant and it's literally weighing me down! I've been trying to lose weight for months now and it's not coming off, so I'm trying tracking again and getting even more serious with exercise (with modifications since my back and a foot injury are limiting my activities) and diet.

Replies

• anda2oo5
    anda2oo5 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi there!
    Im Andreea, im also new here, and i just read your story. unfortunately the fight with the extra lbs is never easy but you just have to be strong and dont give up. what kind of exercising do you do? if you have time with your children and also if you found something you can do that doesnt give you extra pain in your back
    I wish you good luck with everything!
    I'll be here if you want to talk and maybe work out together :)
  • Linsey1973
    Linsey1973 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am also new. I am sure with support from each other we can do it!!!
  • anda2oo5
    anda2oo5 Posts: 77
    Options
    yes we sure CAN!!!!
  • MissSavie
    MissSavie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've just finished up Physical Therapy for my back. Now it's up to me to keep up the exercise and incorporate more cardio besides core work. I've been using My Fitness Coach on the Wii. I used it before with great results (until halfway through my last pregnancy). I also signed up for a month as a wellness center near me. I used Groupon for a month. I'll start that in September after I'm back from traveling to see family. They have a pool so I want to try some aquatic classes. I'm thinking I might do a Walk Away the Pounds video today but I'm a bit nervous because the last time I did it, a month or so ago, I had another flare up with my back (where I couldn't even walk /stand I was in so much pain!). I've been to PT since then and I hope I've strengthen my core enough to be able to do the marching in place. I just need to wait until my kids are off the computer. I have it connected to the TV so we can observe them online.