brown rice??

Options
tara4487
tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
what can i add to brown rice to make it taste better ?? love rice and brown rce is the closest to white rice but im def not crazy about how it taste

Replies

• laurenpence
    Options
    chicken broth....if your eating chicken
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I always add beans, EVOO, and veggies to my brown rice. It's delicious like that! (to me, anyway)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.

But, I put peanut butter in or on just about everything.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    make it with broth, add garlic powder or crushed garlic while it cooking with just a small amt of butter, have it with things like Jambalaya I make my own taco bowls with pinto beans brown rice, green salsa, fajita chicken and cheese
  • no2simpkin
    no2simpkin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    maybe sprinkle a bit of pepper just to add another flavour?
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    butter and salt :) Once I started eating brown rice and wheat/whole grain pasta...I found that I started liking them better than the white rice/pastas
  • loubulou2209
    Options
    I normally cook rice with a stock cube, either vegetable or chicken. Rice is also good with baked beans (I know that might sound odd) or a bit of skimmed milk and low fat cheese is nice :)
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I eat brown rice pretty much every night. I mixed it up with mixed veggies, a bit of butter and salt and pepper, also either chicken breast or salmon cut up into it.
  • tara4487
    Options
    make it with broth, add garlic powder or crushed garlic while it cooking with just a small amt of butter, have it with things like Jambalaya I make my own taco bowls with pinto beans brown rice, green salsa, fajita chicken and cheese
    sounds so yummy thanks i love spicy or mexican food
  • tara4487
    Options
    Thanks everyone i used to make white rice with butter and salt and so tempted to do the samewith brown rice but its so bad for you i want it too taste good and good for me at the same time
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll add a little bit of low-sodium soy sauce to my brown rice to give it some more flavor, or mix it with chicken and veggies.

I also like mixing brown rice and cottage cheese together as a snack (or with some turkey chili as a meal).
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    options include:

beff/chicken broth (already mentioned)
    crushed garlic
    lime juice
    chili/cumin
    black beans
    diced onion
    etc.
  • jmsamp85
    jmsamp85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add a little bit of lime juice some green onions and cilantro.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal:

Brown rice made with either water or chicken broth
    3-4oz shredded chicken
    3-4 tbsp honey teriyaki marinade
    1 cup pineapple

KInda like stir fry. You can add more veggies but I ran out lol. Usually I add broccoli, baby corn and mushrooms.
  • tara4487
    Options
    thanks ! all sounds yummy going to try one of them 2night
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love to mix ours with black beans and low sodium chicken broth!!! yum!!!!!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.

But, I put peanut butter in or on just about everything.
    And here I though *I* put PB on everything...see...now I have to try that.LOL!
  • mesjms
    mesjms Posts: 3
    Options
    I stir fry brown rice with pineapple, onion, and low sodium soy sauce. I like it spicy so I also add red chili flakes or some cayenne pepper. Super easy! Make sure you precook the rice and let it cool before you stir fry though.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix half brown and white rice together. I just love white rice so much. lol I like it plain though but I cook my meat and veggies in a broth sauce to spoon over it.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    hey i just started eating brown rice recently, i read if u soak the brown rice in hot water for half hour b4 u cook it, its much better, i did it and loved it.x