I'm finally going to take charge

Options
TeraJo
TeraJo Posts: 58 Member
I started tracking my calories and exercise (what little there is a this point) about a week ago. I was absolutely shocked at how much I was consuming each day. I am 27 and weigh almost 300 lbs. I finally feel that I am at the point in my life that I can focus on myself and put my health first. I am so excited to get started on this journey. I can do this!

Replies

• o0Amanda0o
    o0Amanda0o Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I know exactly what you mean. However I am 26 and weigh almost the same. I started using my fitness pal in April then stopped for awhile, but this time I am doing it until I reach my goal weight! Good luck :o)
  • TeraJo
    Options
    Thank you! Good luck to you too!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    You can do it! And I'm so excited that you are ready to start this journey! It isn't going to be an easy one, but it is so worth it, and with support of groups like this you've got no reason you cant succeed :)
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can both do it, good luck ladies!! Add me if you like I can cheer ya on!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

Just take it one day at a time. Eat sensibly, log your food (good or bad, log it all) and try to be more active. You don't have to take up marathon running, just make choices that take a bit more effort. Take the stairs instead of the elevator; walk to the shops instead of driving, that sort of thing. Good luck!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm over 300lbs so I totally understand how you feel and I too am ready to change things! Feel free to add me as a friend and anyone else who would like too! Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's a HUGE wake up call. I got my brother to join this week and he couldn't believe how many calories he was vs he should be consuming!

Good luck with your journey. From the bottom of my heart, I will tell you that this site has worked wonders for me physically and mentally. This is also the first time in my life I have been able to lose a substantial amount of weight in a healthy way.
  • TeraJo
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together :)

I started over 3, and am now down under! Woohoo! Next stop under 250!!!

Feel free to add me, so we can motivate one another.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    You can totally do it. I've tracked calories by hand before, and it's totally stressful. This site makes it really brainless! Love it!