It's lose weight..... not loose weight

Options

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    The grammar police....

Chances are they are posting from their phone and it is the auto correct. Even if it isn't..... Relax. It is nothing to stress over.

the grammar police need to get over it or i might have to loose my head! lol... that one was on purpose for those grammar police. if you can correct me, then you know what i meant why does it matter!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yes, it annoys me too, but, in my opinion, if it bothers you enough to make a whole post about it, maybe you're "loosing" sight of what's truly important in life.

LOL. I love these types of postings!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Mine does tend to be a bit on the loose side.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How many times do I have to see this on MFP?

lots more time and now youll get an MFP beat down for this post. cause i ask you this:

How many times do i have to see *this post* on MFP? get a grip man. there's other things in the world that should be the focus of your attention, adn this isnt one of them. *eyeroll*

I have to admit, seeing someone use a word incorrectly is pretty annoying, but I get much more annoyed when people incessantly complain about it in post after post. We can't correct spelling and grammar all the time.

It's kind of like a Bill Hicks joke:

"Someone came up to me and said, 'You know, it takes more energy to frown than to smile.' And I wanted to say, 'You know it takes more energy to tell me than than just shut up.'"

:laugh: Love Bill Hicks!!! :love:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    People that can't spell shouldn't be allowed to spread their disease.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    probably as many times as you see people type in all caps
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Supposably, a lot.

FYI, it's supposedly.

I think she was being sarcastic. :wink:
  • Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    Options
    The Oatmeal did a very funny one on this:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Enjoy! CV
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't think It really matters what they use as long as you can figure out what they mean. Its not that big of a deal do you realize how many have words missing but you can still read it because you mind puts the words in there for you. Just like my sentence below 90% of people read that.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Pretty Controling, kinda saad. Why dont yu lose weght and let them loose wight if thy wont to.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Some people can not spell! Spelins fer smart people!!! ;) Some of us got a bad edumication!!!

HA!! love it!!!!!!
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Pretty Controling, kinda saad. Why dont yu lose weght and let them loose wight if thy wont to.

HUH???
  • trouserchili
    Options
    Incorrect spelling on an internet forum. One of those first world problems I guess.

Cry some more why "donchya."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=First+World+Problems
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    Well said
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! donbet69 has got the sexiest ticker I have ever seen!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! donbet69 has got the sexiest ticker I have ever seen!

it's photoshopped. nobody looks that good IRL
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OMG you guys! I am laughing my *kitten* off here!! Thank you so much for this post. I was having a bad day!!! LOL I think a little pee came out!!!!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    OMG you guys! I am laughing my *kitten* off here!! Thank you so much for this post. I was having a bad day!!! LOL I think a little pee came out!!!!

Don't forget to log your "runslikeagirl just burned 10 calories doing 2 seconds of peeing in her pants"
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    After thread number 4,555,644 on this topic it will be fixed.
    Unfortunately this is only thread number 2,234,879 so you have a ways to wait. smile.gif
    **likes this**