NSV - walking away

Options
inotnew
inotnew Posts: 218 Member
OK, I get out of a meeting just now and I am walking back to my office with my boss. One of the ladies from order entry was behind us and says - LOUDLY- "look at how her *kitten* has shrunk". My boss laughed. I was so embarrassed. I need to know how to not be embarassed when a compliment comes my way. (I'm in my office still grinning though). :blushing:

Replies

• HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Since you never really get to see your rear view - ENJOY the compliment (though I would be red faced too).

Congrats!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Enjoy and Congrats!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I have that issue too, but I work at home so it's either my daughter or husband that says something. I get so embarrassed but also love the compliments.

I usually just say "Thanks" and smile.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    LOL Be proud! That's awesome!
  • Heart33
    Heart33 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't think it is possible, but you gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! It's OK to be embarrassed so long as you keep that smile!
  • carloP90X
    carloP90X Posts: 109
    Options
    Do not be embarrassed...you have earned that compliment!
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Smile and remember how hard you've worked for those compliments! You do look great by the way!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Awesome...but I'd also have a problem with someone saying something like that to me at work. At work! In front of my boss? No way!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm glad she noticed, but I wouldn't want her to say it that way either esp. in front of your boss.
    Congratulations to you!!!!!! Your hard work is paying off! :)
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • dreambigandexpectfavor
    Options
    Sounds like it was the best kind of compliment: one the flies out of the person's mouth before they think about their choice of words or delivery. A genuine statement of acknowledgement and admiration. Like it suddenly hit her so hard how much you have changed that she didn't have time to filter her words before blurting it out.

Good for you and congratulations!!

I can def see how it would be embarassing to have attention drawn to you by your boss under this circumstance. But, really, you should feel encouraged and lifted up. Leave the embarassment for your co-worker with the somewhat-inappropriate-for-work (though appreciated) outburst.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!