plain greek yogurt - what are your favs to put in it?

Options
i saw a similar thread on this but can't find it.

i eat Fage 0% - and the only thing i think of to put in it is a little honey with fresh fruit. i need some new ideas!!

Replies

• StephanieBridge1281
    Options
    I like strawberries, stevia, and just a little cocoa powder. I also like apples, cinnimon and stevia.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    A drizzle of honey, fresh berries, banana, slivered almonds, crunchy cereal...you name it. YUM!
    Also use it as a 'sour cream' substitute. Can't tell the diff.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like mine with granola or sliced almonds. I also find it delicious with cinnamon.
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like
    -honey
    -fruit
    -peanut butter
    -hot choco mix
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When I make my food the night before I take half a serving of frozen rasberries and let them thaw in the fridge. When the morning comes they are perfect and have a nice juice, I take that and mix it with the yogurt. It is so sweet and fresh tasting!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    1 Tbsp of pure maple syrup. YUM!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I love honey too but started adding fiber one cereal for the crunchiness and of course adding that fiber in! I'm a greek yogurt newbie so I'm trying out some things too.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    sugar free maple syrup
    cinnamon
    better n peanut butter
    low sugar fruit preserves
  • SilkeForce
    Options
    I love it with fresh berries and I often add half a cup of pure bran to it as well and have it for breakfast.

But for a savoury version, I will add roasted garlic to it - makes a great veggie dip that way :)
  • Baker0821
    Options
    honey and granola!!! MMMMMM!!!!!! :)
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    agavea necture
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    My fave is Fage Total 0% with one packet of Truvia, and 1/4 cup of Bear Naked Granola!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    - in smoothies (frozen fruit, milk, plain Greek yogurt, & 1 scoop protein powder)
    - honey & granola
    - fruit (then I sometimes blend it smooth)
    - in place of sour cream in my cooking (don't tell my hubby, he doesn't know)
  • tysonian
    tysonian Posts: 10
    Options
    I like pineapples however I think fat-free yogurt is nasty (like eating sour cream), if you want something amazing try the cabot reduced fat vanilla, not terrible on the calories, super high in protein, and delicious (but hey, whatever floats your boat).
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite thing to do is to stir a tablespoon of hot cocoa mix into about a half cup of the 0% plain Greek yogurt - it's the most delicious dessert!!! I know they make a chocolate one, but I buy the huge containers at Costco and I like being able to control the sweetness and chocolate. I just got chocolate flavored Stevia drops so I'm going to try that too. I also use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. For a good breakfast or snack mix some oats and fruit or cinnamon and apples into the yogurt and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning it's nice and soft and will fill you up for a long time.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I eat plain greek yogurt almost everyday. I always add 1 packet of splenda and a packet of 100 calorie walnuts and almonds (it's Emerald brand). I love the crunch in it! I've also had it will strawberries or bananas.

There are lots of good ideas on here!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Mixed berries, honey or Stevia and F-Factor cereal.
  • klfazio
    klfazio Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One scoop of vanilla protein powder (mine has 1 gram of sugar and only 4 carbs) makes it sooo creamy and yummy you think you're eating dessert.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Make tzatziki - some well squeezed grated cucumber, clove of crushed garlic, small amount of chopped mint, squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil...
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot of options at work, but I mix half a packet of the Crystal Light drink mixes into my Fage. I don't like the plain just by itself. I can alternate flavors so I don't get bored. I have done 1 packet but it's a little too strong for me. That way you don't have all the added sugar as if you were buying a flavored yogurt. I would like to try granola and/or fruit, but it's just harder to do things like that at work.