Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

Options
2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:
    ... thinking of you.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I hope everything turns out okay. Keep us posted
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Still not heard anything - I think my hubby has had enough, just told me that he doesn't want our son living here when he is found, wants to make sure he has a roof over his head and is safe, but thinks it's too much strain on me - being a diabetic, constantly worrying about when he's going to up and leave again - especially as this is the 3rd time in 6 months.

I can see his point, and, if he doesn't want to live with us, then he needs to do it properly, not keep us in limbo all the time.

I'd just like to know one way or the other, and I'd like to get him to a doctor as I truly think he has some sort of mental health issue that needs addressing, he's been very unstable for quite some time now.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    My son phoned late last night - just before his mobile phone died.
    He's half way up the country, and can't get back until he gets paids as he's run out of money.
    I can't get in touch with him to sort out funds as he only told me the area he was in, doesn't know where he's staying, just said the council put him up in a hostel somewhere.
    I'm waiting for the council office to open this morning so that I can phone and ask them about where they placed him.
    Hubby has calmed down, I had a long chat with him last night, and said our son obviously needs some kind of help, and having a go will only make things worse.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    im glad he is ok, hope you can get in touch with him again soon

thinking of you

Emma x
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear he's safe. Will continue prayers for you all!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Had my son on the phone a few times today :bigsmile:
    He's getting on the train in an hour to come home, so he should be home in 4 hours time.
    Had a long chat just now, and he sounds a lot more positive than he did this morning.
    I've kept in contact with his employer, to save his job, explained I think my son may have mental health issues, which I will help him to seek professional help for, as it would seem that he has trouble coping at times.

I'm just soooo glad that he phoned, I can't express the joy I'm feeling right now.
    I'm meeting him at the train station at 6:40pm this evening (UK time) - all he asked was that we take him to Asda - he would love one of their extra large trifles :laugh:

He realises he must have put us through hell, and he said he now knows he's better off at home, the streets are not a place to hang about - especially in this weather.

thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts, it means a lot :flowerforyou:

I'll let you know when he gets home safe and sound xx
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I truly hope everything turns out well for you and your family:heart:

~Roni
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sooooo happy to hear he's okay. :smile:

You're a good mom, cyber! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Glad he is ok.....I will continue to pray for his well being :flowerforyou:
    And you and DH also :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Thanks guys, he just phoned, he's just 2 hours away now, we are all looking forward to seeing him again, and bringing him home.
    He admitted to me this evening that he sold his PS2, but I said, no matter, we can replace that, but we can't and would never try to replace you. He told me how much he's missed us all, and wants to turn this into a positive, and write a little book about his trip, and how difficult it is to get help if your homeless and in a strange town, he's hoping it will help others that disappear every year :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Bought my son home a couple of hours ago, thanks
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear his okay.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. This whole thread alternated between heart breaking and relieving! Glad he's home safe!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Thanks again everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm SO happy he's safe, Cyber!!!:flowerforyou: