Boneless skinless chicken breast

Options
Leslie4834
Leslie4834 Posts: 111 Member
Ok for dinner I bought a package of boneless skinless chicken breast. I don't want to fry them. Does anybody have an different ways that they cook them? Or let me know of the name of the different recipes ideas. Thank you for all of your help.

Replies

• cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you have lemon pepper seasoning, I like sprinkling that on mine and then cooking them in the George Foreman. Careful not to cook too long or it will get dry, but this is good to cut up and eat or put in a salad...
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    this time of the year EVERYTHING is better on the grill
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just bake them in the oven. Oven at 375. Spray Pam in an oven proof dish. Pour a little water in the dish. Put the chicken in the dish and top with spices... I like to use a Blackening Seasoning, or Tamari Sauce and fresh garlic. Get creative! Cook them until they reach 160 degrees interior temp.
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I usually bake my chicken in the over instead of frying it. You can flavor it however you like.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I wrap them in foil with half a jar of salsa and bake at 350degrees for about 40 minutes. I make for amazing flavor and lowerr calories.

Oh don't forget to pierce the breast with a fork a couple of times really gets the flavor into the meat as it cooks.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If i am feeling like getting out of my rut I go to allrecipes.com and look up chicken recipes. I am fond of making a version of orange chicken -

1 bottle fat free Catalina salad dressing
    1 package dry Lipton onion soup
    1 small jar of reduced fat marmalade or peach preserves.

Mix those three in a bowl.

In shallow baking dish, place rinsed chicken breasts, and pour the mixture over and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until until juices run clear.
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    I eat chicken breasts everyday. I spray one spray with my olive oil cooking spray 1 cal per and get a pinch of paprika and spices and cover them. Grilled for about 5 minutes (I always defrost mines from frozen so they're cooked already) so the spices settle. Delicious with onions.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "Grill it" (Bobby Flay voice)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Bake with salsa on top.
  • maritza327
    maritza327 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of 50/50 Tropicana OJ juice for every 4 ounce chicken breast
    1 tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary
    juice of lemon

let marinate for at least 30 minutes

You can cook in oven or grill on grill pan YUM
  • mowu
    mowu Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wrap in Serrano ham and grill it....season with black pepper
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Bake or sauteé it. To bake it, cover JUST the bottom of a glass pan with olive oil (or butter if that's all you have) and then lay the chicken breast over it. Sprinkle some paprika or italian seasoning on it and bake at 350 for 1 hour if it's the full breast. If half a breast or smaller, try 30 minutes or less. Or, slice it up into little pieces and sauteé in olive oil on high until browned. You can season with italian seasoning, steak seasoning, basil or parsley.
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tried this the other day and it was very good
    Ingredients [ View Metric ] 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts; 2 pounds
    1 cupRed Wine Vinaigrette
    1 tablespoonfresh Oregano; chopped
    1/2 teaspoonSalt
    1 poundCherry Tomatoes
    1 1/2 ouncesFeta Cheese
    .Calories Per Serving: 310
    Want detailed nutrition information?
    Try BigOven Pro for Free How to Prepare Grilled Greek Chicken
    Prepare a mixture of 1 cup Red Wine Vinaigrette, 1 tablespoon of fresh Oregano (chopped) and 1/2 teaspoon of salt then marinate the 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breasts in it for 1 hour. Pan grill the chicken over medium-high heat (turn it only once). Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes. Keep the chicken warm when done.

Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half (you can use small mixed heirloom tomatoes). Toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium sized bowl. Reduce grill temperature to medium then sear the tomatoes, cut side down, until slightly softened (about 2 minutes).

Return the tomatoes to the bowl then toss in 1/2 tablespoon of torn, fresh Oregano. Thinly slice the chicken then place it on a platter. Spoon the tomatoes in along side the chicken. Sprinkle 1 1/2 ounces of crumbled Feta Cheese and add remaining oregano over the tomatoes.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    bummmp. I friggin' love boneless/skinless chicken. saving for recipes people post. [=
  • ChrisChildress
    Options
    This has been one of my main sources of protein. I use an indoor grill, similar to a George Foreman, and just lightly sprinkle some seasoning on the chicken. I cut them in half, which result in approximately 4 ounce portions, and I use them to make my own fajitas or wraps. My favorite recipe is using 4 ounces of the chicken, a La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Soft Wrap (Tomato & Basil flavor), one half of the 100 calorie Wholly Guacamole Snack Pack, and 2 Tablespoons of Joe T Garcia's Hot Salsa (might only be local to Dallas). Results in 260 Calories; 9 Fat Grams; 24g Carbs; 14g of Fiber; and 34g of Protein.
  • Rhonda9566
    Rhonda9566 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use my George Foreman almost every day now....so when I grill my thawed chicken breasts, I add a spray of olive oil, Mrs. Dash garlic & herbs, salt/pepper and a little of soy sauce...let it sit for about 10 mins. Grill for 10 mins...Quick and Easy! Very little calories!!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I have a George Foreman grill, and it's my absolute favorite way to do chicken. Sprinkle on the spice combination of your choice, grill for 8 or 9 minutes, perfect!

If you don't have a grill, I like to take some sliced veggies, a slice of bacon, and a chicken breast and wrap it all in tinfoil. Just make a little sealed packet. This works to bake in the oven, or to bake in a pit of coals while camping, or on a hot car engine or a car dashboard in the summer. And no dishes to clean! :-)

Or just throw it in a roasting pan, paint with olive oil, sprinkle salt & pepper on top, and bake. Or just pour some Italian or Caesar dressing over it & bake.

Baking: 400 degrees, 40-60 minutes (depends on your oven, and the size of the chicken breasts). You'll know it's done when you insert a knife and the juices run clear, no pink.

Have fun experimenting!
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle mine with ranch dressing package mix. It is very good, my children love it!!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Everyone gave great suggestions! I also like to poach them. Use a skillet with a lid. Season with whatever herbs and/or spices and put in pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water and bring to a simmer. Not a rolling boil or the chicken will get tough. Cover, lower the heat to maintain just a simmer with the cover on and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breast. You could also use fresh herbs--just lay sprigs of rosemary or sage or dill along side the chicken in the water and cook for the same amount of time. It sort of infuses the chicken with a subtle flavor.
    Hope this helps!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Stir fry!!!!!!