Hello! Just joined today!

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hello All,

My name is Rebecca, and I am 38 years old. I live in Michigan with my wonderful husband, Joe an our 2 cats. On August 3rd of this year we celebrated 10 VERY happy years of marriage. They would be even happier if I hadn't been gradually putting on over 100 pounds. I'm not going to lie, Joe is a BAD influence on me. He constantly wants fast food, and ice cream, but that shouldn't be an excuse for me, I need to learn to say no. I don't exercise like I should. I suffer from depression, and severe migraines, as well as severe menstrual cramps, and it always seems like something has me sidetracked.

Well, this year I am the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. 291 pounds. I can't even believe it when I see it. I struggled my entire life with my weight. As a teenager I suffered through bouts of anorexia, and abusing laxatives, and I messed up my body real good. Now, when you factor in my sedentary lifestyle, poor self esteem, lack of will power, AND the side effects of my depression meds.....well, it just seems like its never going to happen for me.

It all came to a head for me when one of my brothers told me he couldn't treat me the same anymore because I am too fat, and its causing tension in our relationship, and all I do is doctor shop to find something to make me feel better, when all I should do is lose weight. It hurt me beyond belief. Thankfully, my husband loves me no matter what I look like, but to have your own brother turn his back on you....well, it broke my heart, and we are still not speaking. It isn't as if I don't know I am fat! Every single day at some point I cry because I have let myself get to this point.

So, here I am....praying for the strength to do it this time. My mom died in 2008, and one of my other brothers died this year on my birthday of all days, and the grief and the guilt associated with those 2 events in my life, have given me no motivation what so ever. I am hoping to find motivation within this site.

Wish me luck, and thank you for reading!

Rebecca L.:heart:

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rebecca!! You can do it!!
  • parris1164
    Options
    welcome ... this a great web site for encouragement and also a wonderful way of tracking what you eat ... I found that tracking every bite I take has helped me to not eat the things I shouldn't but eat what I should .... If you would like ... we can be friends ... again welcome
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love this web-site and I think you will too. The support is amazing!! My mother just started having heart problems and I want to eat better and exercise more to set a good example for my children. Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • tnc9424
    tnc9424 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love this web-site and I think you will too. The support is amazing!! My mother just started having heart problems and I want to eat better and exercise more to set a good example for my children. Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Any great journey begins with your first step, and today you're taking that step. Congratulations! Referencing the influnce of your husband, I can completely understand how you feel, because I am the same bad influence for my wife at times. Well to be completely honest we're both guilty of it, but here's something you need to hold on to. - The greatest power we have as individuals is the power of choice, and that means you're able to shape your future, and your health, by making the correct decisions. I know that is overly simplistic, and by our nature we want to over complicate things, so here's some advice worth having (I wish I followed it myself at all times). The definition of "Choice" is the act of chosing something WORTHY of being chosen; things that are EXCELLENT and SUPERIOR for your life. Here's what I challenge you to do, to change your life: Make your decisons conscious, and ask yourself, are my actions mirroring the healthy choices I have made for my life? Am I chosing only things that are WORTHY of being chosen, and will the results be something EXCELLENT and SUPERIOR for my life.

Today my friend, you have made exactly such a decision!

Jason
  • amyvic4686
    Options
    Hey Rebecca!!
    Your story really touched me...you will definitely find what you're after on here. The support network is amazing. I, like many on here, have tried all sorts of dieting before, and this is the first time I've felt that it can and will work in the long term.
    If you like, you can add me and I'll try to help motivate you. It can really help seeing what others are doing on their journeys.
    Good luck!!
    Amy xx
  • MNMJUNKIE
    MNMJUNKIE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca...Welcome and best of luck in your weight loss journey! Take small steps at a time! Starting here is your first step towards your goal! You can do this and there is so much support here and encouragement!! I have found that logging everything I eat has really helped me to lose weight..keeps me accountable...Start with small goals rebecca..starting with eating healthier..and aim for losing 5 pds at a time..its much less overwhelming!! My son was quite overweight and i told him to stop the fast food and he did and really stuck to it and he dropped 20 pds so quickly...So,anything I can do to help let me know! :) Feel free to add me if you like! have a nice evening!!
  • kimphillips36
    Options
    Welcome....I'll send you a friend request!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Rebecca.... you have more strength than you know!! Look at what you've lived through already.... look at what you've conquered already! You have suffered unimaginable pain with your mom and two brothers (one passing and one turning his back on you) - with that being said it is TIME you take CONTROL of your life! Yes, these things are horrible and yes, it is so easy to give up...but GOD did not put you on this earth and hand you these cards just for you to give up. Girl, you can do this! Do it for your mom and brother. Make them PROUD and make YOURSELF PROUD!

I will pray for you and your journey.... I'm on one myself as we all are! We are all putting one foot in front of the other.... some days we do it at a dead RUN.... and other days we stroll but either way... we're still MOVING FORWARD!

Find a mantra that allows you to keep focused and stay strong.... when you feel a little weak.... repeat your mantra.

Look forward to hearing about your journey! :flowerforyou:

~Jen