Need Help

Options
2»

Replies

• lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    small changes make big differences in how people feel, if you are able to make him feel better without sacrificing much he will be moreopen to other changes, if it is an unpleasant lifestyle change he will resist you
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have picky eaters in my life and there is no changing them.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Also, if he doesn't like what you cook, then maybe he should do some of the cooking. My parents' rule for a happy marriage was always: whoever does the cooking is praised and appreciated, no matter what. My mom could bake a rock-hard cake, or dad could burn the steaks to a crisp, but the other person always said "It's just the way I like it." If it was made by the person I love, and I didn't have to make it myself, then it's just the way I like it. :-)

***LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE***
    [/quote]

LIKE IT too!
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes he is very attached to his foods.....he works hard and wants a good hearty meal when he gets home. I understand this and i do realize that there has to be give and take on both sides when it comes to marriage. I would never forbid him from anything, all i want is to introduce more healthy choices into our lives. I just want him to try new things.....but maybe i should just keep doing what im doing and when my super hot body takes shape, he will be more apt to try new things.....

I believe most do not want to change their dietary lifestyle until they "hit" a certain health crisis. And then you have to wonder if the medication they receive from their doctor will allow them to continue their eating habits.

Forcing him to eat your food as what others have said--I certainly respected my mother's cooking and when I didn't want to eat it, I took everyone's advice, and went out to eat or ordered food, so be wary of people who have money and will take that line as an excuse/permission to eat out. (So, I don't think that kind of response will work and you are then unknowingly promoting bad eating habits).

I think reasons for getting in shape (your super hot body) is a great incentive! Is your husband a carrot or stick driven person? (I joke but it is a great way without confrontation).