Some what new

Options
I turned 40 this year and pledge to lose 40 pounds. Next year an additional 40. Since March I have lost 17 pounds (3 to go by September to make the half way point). I first started walking in April. When I started out I did about 1 mile in 20 minutes. I now am running 3.5 miles in 42 minutes. I am roughly doing a pace of 1 mile under 12 minutes. Today I kayak 14 miles with my son. I am feeling great. My life jacket, which last year I could not zipper up, fits fine, a little tight but the zipper works with no problems. I chose a relatively easily weight change, approximately a pound a week. This I thought I can easily handle and it seems to be working. I am using an exercise tracking app on my smart phone and MY fitness. Both have been a huge part of my success. I started using my fitness in the beginning of July. My wife and I love to cook. We both have learned to eat smaller portions and try new and healthier foods.

Replies

• curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great! Keep eating healthy and exercising and you'll reach your goal! If you need any extra support or motivation- feel free to add! Best wishes on your journey!