weighing in question

Options
rjbrowne82
rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
Just a quick question. When you are doing your regualr weekly/bi weekly weigh in, how many times do you step on the scale?

I have notcied that I get a different wieght when I step on the scale multiple time. Should I take the lowest weight and push myself for the following week?

Replies

• Licacorona
    Licacorona Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every week on Monday's. It's not always at the same time but it is right after I get up in the morning before I start my day. I go straight to the scale. If I become curious during the week, I'll step on the scale but it's always right as soon as I get up. Otherwise, the scale is going to give me different numbers throughout the day due to food and water consumed.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, and keep getting on and off the scale until I get the same number twice in a row, and use that number. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries to get two in a row.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning after I use the restroom. It helps me stay focused & on track. It does fluctuate throughout the day. But the morning # is what I use. I just don't want it to get out of control then I have to lose those same 5lbs. over & over.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, and keep getting on and off the scale until I get the same number twice in a row, and use that number. Sometimes it takes 3-4 tries to get two in a row.

Yeah that makes sense. Thanx
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

This is also what I do. :-)
  • afkittie1218
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning. People say you shouldn't weigh in every day because your weight changes by a pound from day to day. For some people it works to see it every day but for me I like to see a little bigger lose so I so it once a week. Here is my weigh in's each week to give you an idea.

week 1: -2.9lbs
    week 2: -.04
    week 3: -2.9lbs
    week 4: -.07
    week 5: -2.4

As you can see even week by week it changes but as long as I keep seeing that negative sign (I weigh in using my WII) I'm a happy camper! That's my 2cents.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on a Tuesday at the same time after I have been to the loo :) Occasionally I will jump on the scales on a Saturday to make sure that I keep my weekend eating and exercising in check
  • KristensMom314
    KristensMom314 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    From both advice I've received and from personal experience, it's best to weigh yourself once (2ce max) a week. As said by others, your weight can fluctuate by a pound or so each day, which can get frustrating. Not only that but when you weigh only 1-2 times a week, you see the bigger number (gives me a boost to see 2 pounds down rather than .2).

You should also weigh yourself at the same time every day to try to get as close as you can to an accurate reading.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I agree that you can get discouraged if your weight goes up a pound or two over the course of a day, because weighing in that often can be effected by water retention, salt intake, and other day to day changes that do not reflect weight loss. But it seems to me that these same factors can effect your weight on Friday as well, and for me, if it would be frustrating to have to wait a whole week to see if a failure to lose weight on Friday was caused by a temporary factor, or something else.

The good news is that there is no nutritional or caloric value in getting on a scale, so it truly is a matter of each person doing what works for them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!