MIO Liquid?

Options
Do you think it is too good to be true? I am enjoying a bottle of water with the "Strawberry Watermelon" in it, it is delcious. I'd love your opnions.

Replies

• navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i love that one and fruit punch!! i hate the taste of plain water so this is all i use:)
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it!! crystal light works so I dont think they are hiding anything .......
  • sweetkiwi06
    Options
    Oh that is good stuff. We drink it all the time.
  • klacoille
    Options
    I make unsweetend iced tea and use it to flavor and sweeten the tea.
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options
    I was addicted to Mio for a while but found out that it was giving me headaches and I wasn't drinking any plain water at all, which is bad. So I looked at the ingredients and decided that they are all too chemical and plain water is just plain better for me. I still miss it sometimes but I know that I'm doing what's right for my body.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I find it a little disconcerting that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol...

I googled it,
    6 of the first 8 hits referenced it's use i antifreeze
    and here is one of the entries...

AMSOIL - Propylene Glycol Antifreeze and Engine Coolant (ANT)
    www.amsoil.com/storefront/ant.aspx
    AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant (ANT) is formulated to provide benefits far beyond those found in today's conventional antifreeze and coolant ...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My kids love it
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My friend is trying to encourage her baby to drink more water (she's about 11 months old - the baby, not my friend) so she sometimes gives her a bottle with water and Mio. The baby really likes it!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I find it a little disconcerting that one of the ingredients is propylene glycol...

I googled it,

AMSOIL Propylene Glycol Antifreeze & Coolant (ANT) is formulated to provide benefits far beyond those found in today's conventional antifreeze and coolant ...
    Propylene Glycol is just a colorless, odorless liquid that is a good base to mix other ingredients with in order to keep them evenly dispersed and still liquid. It's used in almost every market, including the food industry, cosmetic industry, and yes it is an ingredient in antifreeze (used because of it's low toxicity which makes the antifreeze safer for the environment)
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it was okay but I'm trying to cut down on foods that use artificial coloring so I won't be buying it anymore.
  • Terriberry
    Terriberry Posts: 100
    Options

I googled it,

Propylene Glycol is just a colorless, odorless liquid that is a good base to mix other ingredients with in order to keep them evenly dispersed and still liquid. It's used in almost every market, including the food industry, cosmetic industry, and yes it is an ingredient in antifreeze (used because of it's low toxicity which makes the antifreeze safer for the environment)

I agree but the ingredient that you are worried about that is in antifreeze is Ethelene Glycol not propelene glycol.