Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired...
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Deadlines will only set you up to fail. Just reassess what you're eating. Take measurements first and foremost. You'll probably see a difference before the scale.

Just take it easy and let the weight come off slowly. Or else it won't stay off...
  • paperpromisesx3
    Options
    The calories you need to eat per day are dependent on your WEIGHT. Eating 1000 calories per day is NOT unhealthy. The calculation I use is (weight x 12 - 500) to lose weight. If I was eating 1200 calories a day, I would not be losing any weight per week. When I go in to my goals in MFP, I put in 1200 calories and it says my loss would be .1 per week. I eat between 900-1000 calories per day and am always completely satisfied. Again, this is depending on your WEIGHT. My body has never gone into starvation mode.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    insert food into mouth...repeat often

Chewing helps annnnnnd burns excess calories!!!
  • LadyKatarina
    LadyKatarina Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    (Not a professional here) Using a Basal Metabolic Rate calculator, based on your age, height, and weight, your body needs about 1355 calories just to keep you alive. If your activity level is "LOW", meaning you work a desk job and don't exercise, you would maintain your current weight if you ate about 1626 calories per day. Assuming you do more than sit at your desk all day, in order to lose weight you should be eating probably closer to 1400 calories per day, plus exercising. NEVER go below 1200, as so many others have said. Your body will hold onto the weight, not lose it.

Also..your goal is to lose 10 lbs in one month? Did you GAIN those 10 lbs in 1 month? Safe and maintainable weight loss is between 1 and 2 lbs per week. You could potentially drop the 10 lbs in a month by dehydrating yourself or starving yourself or using laxatives...but that isn't losing fat, it is dangerous, and will not stay off. Set safer goals for yourself. This isn't about the number on the scale..it is about getting healthier.

~Kat
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I would say the fastest/heathy way to lose the 10 pounds in a month would be working your butt off!!! The more you work of the more weight you'll loose. Drink tons of water. And even though they tell you to eat back your work out calories. I dont always do that. Just make sure you have atleast 1200 for the day. I'm also 5'2 so i know your pain. I was at 150 but I reacently started working my butt off and now i'm done to 147. Good Luck!!
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you set up MFP right to start with then the daily calorie goal that MFP gives you already has a calorie deficit built in to lose weight. That said, you should eat close to the calorie goal MFP gives you each day including eating back most of your exercise calories. Depending on how far under the daily calorie goal you are, you are very likely to cause your body to hang onto to the fat it has either slowing down or even stopping fat loss. Sounds counter-intuitive but that's the way it is.

Hate to say it but my only suggestion would have been to start losing sooner.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    and congratulations for quitting smoking. Good for you! Keep it up. You will be so much healthier for that alone.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    (Not a professional here) Using a Basal Metabolic Rate calculator, based on your age, height, and weight, your body needs about 1355 calories just to keep you alive. If your activity level is "LOW", meaning you work a desk job and don't exercise, you would maintain your current weight if you ate about 1626 calories per day. Assuming you do more than sit at your desk all day, in order to lose weight you should be eating probably closer to 1400 calories per day, plus exercising. NEVER go below 1200, as so many others have said. Your body will hold onto the weight, not lose it.

Also..your goal is to lose 10 lbs in one month? Did you GAIN those 10 lbs in 1 month? Safe and maintainable weight loss is between 1 and 2 lbs per week. You could potentially drop the 10 lbs in a month by dehydrating yourself or starving yourself or using laxatives...but that isn't losing fat, it is dangerous, and will not stay off. Set safer goals for yourself. This isn't about the number on the scale..it is about getting healthier.

~Kat

I gained 10 lbs in 2 months bc i quit smoking & was eating everythin in site lol (my fault, i know)
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Looking at your ticker you only have 10 pound to lose. If that is the case it will be difficult. Eating only 1000 a day will make it more so. I would suggest you take the focus off weight and measure yourself and shoot for changing your measurements.

What he said... measurements might be a better thing to look at than pounds.

Also, unfortunately, if you're losing more than 2 lbs a week, you are almost definitely losing muscle along with fat. That's not good for overall fitness, not good for your future metabolism, and not good for your overall shape. If you have a significant amount to lose, then it can be worth that loss, but for someone where you're at, it's not a good trade off.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If you lose 10 lbs in a month, it is mostly water and muscle rather than fat...
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 and started on MFP at 150lbs. It took me 2 1/2 months to lose 10 lbs. Im eating 1200 cals a day, work out 5-6 times a week at 30-60 minutes a day. I eat half my exercise cals back as well. I feel healthy and even though I only lose .5-1 pound a week, I know Im doing it a healthy way and it wont just come right back.

Feel free to add me by the way. :smile:
  • DarcieC2389
    Options
    To lose at least ten pounds in a month, you would probably need to amp up and exercise more and longer.