New mom

Options
Hi,

I had my first baby 7 months ago, and was fortunate enough to lose all but 3 lbs of my baby weight in the first 4 months, however since I stopped breast feeding I put on quite a bit and now I can't seem to shift it! I wasn't happy with my weight before I got pregnant, but now that I've had the baby I want to lose what I've gained and then some! Primarily I want to get and keep a healthy lifestyle to set a good example for my son. Any tips for a newbie?

Replies

• silvercreature
    Options
    Hi,

I had my first baby 7 months ago, and was fortunate enough to lose all but 3 lbs of my baby weight in the first 4 months, however since I stopped breast feeding I put on quite a bit and now I can't seem to shift it! I wasn't happy with my weight before I got pregnant, but now that I've had the baby I want to lose what I've gained and then some! Primarily I want to get and keep a healthy lifestyle to set a good example for my son. Any tips for a newbie?
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the baby!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jenrobi
    Options
    No tips yet, but I am in your same boat. My little boy will be 8 months old on Dec 8th and I have 15 to go to get to pre-preggo and then some to get to my goal weight. I have had a hard time because in the last few months of my pregnancy I really got into my old eating habits again. I had really kept my weight gain during the first 7 months of my pregnancy to a minimum, then it was like the floodgates opened. I haven't been able to shake the bad habits and I start everyday with the intentions of doing it only to fail byt he end of the day.

I really want to be healthy and set a good example for my son too. The reall annoying thing is that I know I can do it. I've done it before! So, I am starting afresh tomorrow. Today just started off bad. I can do it though and you can too! Though, I don' tknow how just yet...hehe
  • silvercreature
    Options
    Wow, our sons were born a day apart - mine will be 8 months on the 9th :)

I just got back from visiting family in England where we ate way too much so I too am trying to get back into the good habits. I've joined my local gym and they have a babysitting facility that you can pre-book - and if you don't turn up you have to pay for your time anyway! Hopefully that will motivate me to get at least 3 workouts in a week...

Started off well today but then it's only 10am! I suppose it was a good move to send the last of the leftover Halloween candy to work with my husband :) Hope your day started off well too.
  • huffster
    Options
    Man, I lost my baby fat a long time ago. Oh, wait a minute, you're not talking about that kind of baby fat. Oops! :laugh:

Welcome! Congrats on the baby. May he be a constant joy to you. And may you lose all that you desire, so that the next baby won't hit you as hard. Have a happy family! :glasses: