Eating AFTER 11-mile hike?

gpatwardhan
gpatwardhan Posts: 11
edited 3:54AM in Food and Nutrition
What would you suggest eating after burning more than 2500 cal in a day? I am packing PBJ s/w, homemade trail mix, banana-nut muffins and fruits plus lots of water to eat during a hike. But I'm really worried about that day's dinner. I will have at least 1200 more cal to eat because I'm on a 1200 cal plan right now.

Can I take this opportunity to eat my favorite Thai or Indian food? I haven't had that in a long time due to my 1200 cal plan!

Or should I stick to something cleaner? Will eating heavier dinner after the hike damage my fat burning process?

Replies

• teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    BY ALL MEANS and enjoy! Sounds fabulous - the hike and the food. Post a picture!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    As long as you're not completely disregarding veggies and other good foods then why not =] When I go on big hikes and such I usually some what keep track of what I'm eating otherwise I burn 1000 extra and before I know it I've eaten more lie 5000 calories!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    If you don't eat enough after working out like that, you can have real problems.

I started to shake a few hours after a really long scuba dive. I smelled some candy, ate it and instantly felt better.
This discussion has been closed.