would you count....

Options
would you count hours in the ocean, trying to swim against the currents, body surfing and chasing kids as calories burned? We played hard at the beach today :)

Replies

• nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    yes mos def!!
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! (Well.. as long as my goals were set to sedentary.)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Sounds fun!
  • Sahalsaver
    Options
    absolutely, don't know how I would calculate the calories burned, but I would definitely call that exercise... no matter how fun! :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I would just feel great about doing something fun and knowing in the back of my mind I have a little extra if I need it.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You bet your azz I would! Kid wranglin' at the beach is hard work!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd def say you burned at least 200 cals, probably a lot more! Love that outdoor fun excercise!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    would you count hours in the ocean, trying to swim against the currents, body surfing and chasing kids as calories burned? We played hard at the beach today :)
    Absolutely! I think that's good for...42 calories!

Why 42?

Why not 42? ;)
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I would just feel great about doing something fun and knowing in the back of my mind I have a little extra if I need it.

Agreed! I don't log having fun as calories burned. Nor do I log cleaning my house. But thats just me. If I'm going to log something, it's something im doing intentionally to burn calories.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I only count my actual workout times. Anything else is above and beyond. It will show up on the scale at the end of the week.
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    lol i dont log "cleaning" either. but i do log yard work,mowing (i have a non self propelled push mower and a BIG hill), and gardening.
    I should add i still plan on doing my hour long workout tonight anyway. but when i got home i looked it up and and just one hour of leisurely swimming was 512 calories and i thought No Way!
  • swtkaylasmommy
    Options
    for the record...i didn't count it...lol just my normal workout was recorded.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Agreed! I don't log having fun as calories burned. Nor do I log cleaning my house. But thats just me. If I'm going to log something, it's something im doing intentionally to burn calories.

i would count the swimming, but not the general playing around. and i agree with not logging cleaning and stuff like that.