my husband is afraid.......

Options
Hello everyone, my husband and I was just discussing my weight loss. And he is aware that my goal weight it 180 from 265. He commented tonight that he was not going to be happy if I lost my DD breasts. Is this something I have to look forward to?? I have been big chested all my life and it would almost be a god send if I did lose some. Was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Maybe, it seems to be different for different people.
    For me, I'm a bit smaller on one side and a lot smaller on the other! I'm still wearing a DD though - from 18DD to 12DD, though I the cup sizes get smaller as the band gets smaller. I suspect my next bra will be a 12D or 10D though.
    My husband is a bit sad about this, but thinks it is worth it because the whole package is smaller and healthier!
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are going to lose them. In fact, more than likely it will be the first place you lose weight from! Women usually gain weight from the bottom up and lose it from the top down, so say see ya later to the girls, and tell your hubs that you're super sorry but you're about to get super fit and hot and he just will have to deal with it. Best of luck to you!! (PS I have lost almost 70lbs and had a huge chest and thank GOD it is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller!! So I speak from experience). :)
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Definitely varies from person to person.....but I went from a 46DD to a 36DD....girls stayed!!! Yay!! Hope you're just as lucky :)
  • jalexander01
    Options
    I am a 46DD right now, and I would be happy to go down a bit, sometimes it effects my back, and I cant sleep on my back because I feel like I am suffocating.
  • janic1968
    Options
    I'm sure you will have enough for him. but maybe he is insecure with you losing weight and maybe attracting someone else, but just reassure him that he will still have plenty of it to play with. Good Luck and yes he will have to deal with it because you are not doing it for him but you are doing it for you and for your health so you can live longer.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Mine went away...and, I'm okay with that! Mine went from a 46DD to a 36C. They're cute an comfy!
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40 DDD to a plain ol 36D. No big deal, if it's in the genetics they'll still be big. Fortunately for me, I don't have to deal with the whining since mine hates the fact I lost weight all together. He'll get over it if he loves you enough. He can always buy you some DD's if it's that big of a deal to him.
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    I didn't lose my DDD's from my weight loss, I had a reduction (10 years ago on 9-11-01, bad day to be in surgery!). My husband was very afraid, but says he likes them better now. Sadly I am losing my D's and am closer to a C as I lose weight. My back no longer hurts and I feel much better about myself.

So if you lose them or you don't hopefully he likes the nice svelt you!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You'll probably lose them, but honestly it seems weird that he is concerned about breast size when your health is at stake.
  • Sonchie
    Sonchie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my hubby probably feels your pain. At my heaviest weight I had DDs too. Now im a very sad deflated but still a 34D. It isnt pretty, I promise ya! SORRY hubby! The price we pay for getting healthy!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    You are going to lose them. In fact, more than likely it will be the first place you lose weight from! Women usually gain weight from the bottom up and lose it from the top down, so say see ya later to the girls, and tell your hubs that you're super sorry but you're about to get super fit and hot and he just will have to deal with it. Best of luck to you!! (PS I have lost almost 70lbs and had a huge chest and thank GOD it is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller!! So I speak from experience). :)
    SOOO TRUE!
    Its taken me several years to loose & mostly keep the weight off. ( though MFP only has an account of my weight loss for this year - 7lbs, Ive taken off about 75lbs total over the past 3 years) at my heaviest I was a big 38-40 D cup, weight comes off my top half easily.from waist up Im very petite, now Im a 32 padded B cup :( to my hubbys dismay. however I feel much better & being active it sure nice not having the jugs bouncing, or the sore back. unfortunately we cant squeeze the fat from our thighs Back up to our boobs!
    all in all Im much happier with my current curves & feel better & you will too. good luck!
  • DaveShoreshe
    Options
    Sorry, but I feel the need to chime in here... So your husband will be "unhappy" if you lose your Double D's... What a pity! Tell him I'LL be unhappy if you stay at a weight that is threatening to your health! That should be the most important thing here. That's why you're here isn't it?
    If I was lucky enough to have a "better half" I'd be with her for ALL of her faculties! And all I know is that I'd want her by my side for a long time to come! Double D's or not!
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  • doriekaye
    doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Still a DD but a deflated one. Most of it is the loose skin...not pretty without a bra. :( But now they actually stick out past the belly roll, so it's all good. LOL
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I feel the need to chime in here... So your husband will be "unhappy" if you lose your Double D's... What a pity! Tell him I'LL be unhappy if you stay at a weight that is threatening to your health! That should be the most important thing here. That's why you're here isn't it?
    If I was lucky enough to have a "better half" I'd be with her for ALL of her faculties! And all I know is that I'd want her by my side for a long time to come! Double D's or not!
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Love this!
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am a 46DD right now, and I would be happy to go down a bit, sometimes it effects my back, and I cant sleep on my back because I feel like I am suffocating.

As the weight comes off, your body will change with it. I have no problem sleeping in any position....but I'm also 5'8....maybe my height comes into play too here? Dunno. But surely with less weight in general you'll sleep better in any position too, regardless of whether you stay a DD or not.

As for the hubby?? I gotta refrain myself.
  • jalexander01
    Options
    my hubby is all for me losing weight, he just does not want me to get to skinny, he says and I quote "I dont like skinny women" I said me at 180 is not skinny. He loves me regardless, I think he just likes the girls alittle bit.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    oh well, i guess if he loves you, he'll love you for a longer time at a healthy weight, because your lifespan will likely increase.

some things are just not ideal (many things aren't ideal actually) and he'll have to cope with smaller boobs and more energy, more confidence, better health, and a zillion other good things that come with a healthy weight.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    So a guy gets used to some large breasts and he likes them. I don't see a problem with this. If he tells his wife he'll be sad to see them go I don't see a problem with that either. He's a guy honestly expressing his feelings with his beloved. Why are people upset with him for this? Isn't that what you want your husband to do?

My husband said the same thing and I responded with "Yeah, me too". Then I pulled my shirt over his head and hugged his head to my chest.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    So a guy gets used to some large breasts and he likes them. I don't see a problem with this. If he tells his wife he'll be sad to see them go I don't see a problem with that either. He's a guy honestly expressing his feelings with his beloved. Why are people upset with him for this? Isn't that what you want your husband to do?

My husband said the same thing and I responded with "Yeah, me too". Then I pulled my shirt over his head and hugged his head to my chest.

I like your style. :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Tell him that he needs to love you in sickness AND IN HEALTH.

He needs to suck it up. First of all, he doesn't even know what it will look like yet. Secondly, you don't know that you're even going to lose there. It's really not something you can predict.

Do what you need to do for YOURSELF, and hopefully he'll get on board with it.