So SAD (Not Fitness Related)

Options
I am in the United States Navy. Have been for almost 6 years now. I am stationed in Japan as some of you who follow me may know.

For those of you who don't know our Navy family had a huge tragedy fall among us. A chinook was shot down and we lost 30 of our brothers. This has really hit me hard. It is so sad. I don't really know how to write all of my feelings about it. When I was deployed, it was a daily fear that we all had to just put in the back of our minds to get our job done. I hope everyone can send a thought or prayer(if that is your thing) to their families and to our navy family at large. This kind of thing always slams my job back into perspective.

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    It is a very sad and tragic loss. Thank you for your service. My thoughts are with you and the families of those that lost someone that day.
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thank you for serving our country, and my thoughts are with the families of those men.
  • SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm so sorry that this happened ... and I thank you and all the men and women who so courageously fight for my freedoms back home. My each family find comfort in the days ahead. My condolences go out to all of you.

Thank you for your selflessness to serve our country, from the bottom of my heart.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. This must hit quite close to home. It's heartbreaking.

May I ask, who shot the chinook down and why?
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Yes sweets. . I am definitely praying for their families!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    They were shot down in Afganistan. It is being investigated.