Burning and eating calories

Options
So the more I burn the more I have to eat back >>> Im kinda confused but Im getting the jest of this...

Replies

• juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It worked for me...although it will be a controversial subject here!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's all in how you burn and what you eat back after the burn :-)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    some say that you have to eat your exercise calories. That's not necessarily true. "calories in, calories out" isn't entirely accurate. pay attention to your energy level and follow that. don't look at it day by day, look at it by the whole week. looking at it that way, is more realistic.
  • Barbj56
    Barbj56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You will hear a lot on both sides of this subject. I try to eat all my calories every day and have lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    try and structure you're eating more sensibly tho, so you eat more earlier and not snacking/having an enormous meal right before bed
  • laurynwhite
    Options
    Think of it as the more you *get* to eat back. :)

MFP will "yell" at you at the end of the day if your calories eaten is less than calories burned, saying you've put your body into "starvation mode." But you shouldn't eat just because you've got calories left. Eat only when you're hungry, and if you're not... great! You'll lose weight faster.
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    From what I understand the theory behind this is when you signed up, you told MFP how much weight you wanted to lose at what rate, how much you currently weigh, and your daily activity level. Based on that it figured out about how many calories you typically burn in a given day. I'm guessing it then figured out how many additional calories you must have been taking in to get to your current weight adjusts that to how many you need to reduce you daily calorie intake to in order to lose weight at the rate you desire. The reason it has you eating the calories you burn is to keep you at the weight loss rate that you originally stated. If you don't eat what you burn more than likely you'll just lose more weight faster, but you don't want to go overboard and lose too much weight too fast because then you're body will panic and think there isn't enough food available and start storing food as fast and slow down your metabolism.