greek yogurt

Options
2»

Replies

• audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im throwin it out! TOO bitter for me! YUK!

Did you try the Yoplait one? That is bitter and pretty gross I agree!

To OP: What I do with my greek yogurt is eat it! I love chobani and Dannon Greek yogurt.. both are excellent choices.
    Yep yuk!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Add honey.

I was in Turkey this summer and they ate the stuff on everything. Meat, grilled vegetables, with granola, plain... Sooo good.

I'll have to find the Chobani, so far I've had Greek Gods, which is just ok.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i add honey to eat and eat it as is.

or add stewed apricots to it and mix (i have apricot trees, so i stew apricots and freeze them)

use it as a sauce on a chicken wrap or a beef strips wrap

make tzadziki
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    you can add just a tiny bit of crystal lite to it to give it a great flavor. not normally into additives but in this case it is highly loved by
    many.

feel free to friend me everyone for some calorie free food for thought on my page daily. ;0 ) Colleen
  • antinvc
    antinvc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ditto runner328 or experiment with your favorite fruits and/or granola.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I love love love Greek Yogurt. I alternate between Fage and Trader Joe's Both plain and non-fat.

I like to mix in about a teaspoon of almond butter into 1/2 cup with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for a dessert like treat. I use it in place of sour cream for everything, use it to replace oil in baking, use it for vegetable dip, in smoothie recipes.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Try chobani flavored ones. It its too sweet for you just get the plain kind and add your own fruit. I like to add in some Kashi go lean crunch with mine!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Try chobani flavored ones. It its too sweet for you just get the plain kind and add your own fruit. I like to add in some Kashi go lean crunch with mine!

I usually like combining the flavored Chobani with fruit and maybe a little of Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Clusters cereal....I've mixed like the black cherry Chobani with diced up white nectarine...that was yum :bigsmile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix plain with flavored. The flavored greek yogurts are not too sweet like regular flavored yogurts. I just found out that my dairy will deliver Greek Gods with the milk and they are just down the road from the dairy so it will be really fresh.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I mix it with a tablespoon or so of jam. It makes it sweet and fruity without too many extra calories.
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    oops- double post. Guess it's time to go to bed.....
  • traceywaugh
    Options
    fruit and maybe a littlesprinkle of cereal on top yummy breakfast
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I find flavoured yoghurts too high in sugar, and too sweet - I love the plain stuff.

I have it for breakfast with some walnuts, ginger, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

I blitz a tablespoon or 2 with some peppered mackerel fillets for a great spread or dip. Raita is another super dip - grated cucumber and chopped mint with the yoghurt.

BUT

some people really don't like the taste or texture - my fiance wouldn't eat yoghurt if you paid him!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If you can find NOOSA by you it is THE BEST! but Chobani is my second choice!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I make Raita with it - mint and chopped cucumber and have it with curries :)

Or i put apple sauce in and pretend im having dessert!
  • yumyum613
    yumyum613 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big yogurt person, but I'm using it to keep me regular now. I eat Chobani too and it's eh, okay. It does remind me a lot of sour cream until I stir up the fruit from the bottom. I put 1/4 cup of granola in it to give me that crunch that I love, but man, after all that, it's 340 calories! I could think of better ways to spend those calories, but I'm learning to like it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I like to thaw out frozen cherries in a bowl and then mix in the Greek yogurt. The frozen cherries make lots of juice when they thaw, so the flavors mix nicely. Recently I've been mixing a scoop of chocolate protein powder and a little milk with it to make a chocolatey treat.
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I start craving buttermilk ranch on my salads, I mix up a batch of this:

1 six oz cup of greek style 0% fat yogurt
    1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
    1/4 cup reduced fat mayonaise
    2 Tbls white wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt, but powder)
    1/2 tsp black pepper (use fresh ground peppercorns for the best taste)
    dash of salt (optional)
    3 Tblspoons of fresh dill weed (or target sells fresh frozen dill in the produce section and it works great)

You can either mix them in a blender or with an electric mixer or with a whisk.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt, but didnt at first.
    My favorite is Fage because its thicker than the others. I also like the trader joes brand as well. I only get the plain fat free and usually add a little cinnamon, a tsp of ground flaxseed and a packet of stevia. I will also on occasion add a couple tbsp of raisins or a 1/4 cup fiber one cereal.