Hi

Options
I tried weeks ago by myself and gave up, now I have gained MORE weight and feel frumpy and dumpy. I'm back to do thus again.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I tried weeks ago by myself and gave up, now I have gained MORE weight and feel frumpy and dumpy. I'm back to do thus again.

You can do this!!! Search the forum for people who inspire you and send them a friend request. MFP is a wonderful place to find the motivation when you feel like you just can't keep going on your own. Why do it alone when you have a lot of people ready to cheer you on? :) Good luck to you! I sent you my request too. ;-)
  • fitev
    fitev Posts: 41
    Options
    Jakkis, you can do it! Put your mind to it and just go. The time is now, there's TONS of support and motivational stories on here. Best of luck to you. =)
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Make friends on here. The more friends, the more you will feel supported by them and accountable to them, and it will help you lots!
  • lovemyboys
    Options
    you can do this! we are all in the same boat and here to support eachother. :)
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Welcome back! No fun doing this by yourself! Friend request is on the way
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    You're in the right place for plenty of motivation and support. Add me as a friend, if you wish :)
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely no fun to do this alone. This site has been awesome support system for me. Hopefully it will be for you this time around too. Friend request is on the way!
  • jakkis
    jakkis Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow thanks all. Just not sure where to start. I've recently been diagnosed with severe GERD most likely caused by gaining weight.
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kiss frumpy and dumpy goodbye! You can do this!! Feel free to add me :)
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Make up your mind that you are going to keep walking in the direction toward losing the weight, regardless of what happens. Every day is a new day and you can start over each and every day. If you keep trying, you'll do a little better as you go. No one is perfect on this weight loss journey. If you have one bad day or ten, if you had one or two good ones, that's better for you than having every day being a bad one.
    Stay positive, vent to your friends, remember, we all want the same results. As you learn more, you can share more and the more you share with others, the more you reinforce your own good habits. Pick just ONE habit to add at a time. I think coming here every day and reading is a great start and a great step two is to honestly log your food in the food diary, even if you had 15,000 calories that day. If you are honest and you put it all in, you accomplished something in a positive direction. Don't be attached to the results,work on the small steps of the journey!!!!