Cravings! QUICK, sum1 yell at me b4 its 2 late

Options
2»

Replies

• JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I would probably get a piece of granola thins if it wasn't this late. But being late this evening, try a tea with a little honey.
  • bearcloud
    Options
    i wish i read these postings before i ate a double chocolate cookie with walnuts and white chocolate.... but all in all, i definitely love the ideas of having individually wrapped dark chocolates in the house instead of other chocolate products. a little something sweet after dinner...especially chocolate is a big favorite of mine. why deny yourself of a small pleasure, just have to not go over-board.

i like the ideas of brushing teeth/looking at ideas body shapes.
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    Do you like chocolate mint? Have you tried metromint chocolate water? It has gotten me through a few late night chocolate cravings when my husband was pigging out (I mean literally a box of cookies and half gallon of chocolate milk). It doesn't help the chew factor but definitely tastes yummy and is calorie free. Otherwise find a low fat/calorie alternative that you can treat yourself to in the evenings. You deserve it. Just save up for it :-)
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    Chocolate is a crazy thing. Very tempting, but to burn off just ONE single M&M you have to run the length of a football field. It's nasty stuff and makes your body feel hyped and satiated for a minute, but in the long run, you crash from the sugar and caffeine, etc. then you feel grody. It take 3 weeks to break a habit. Don't have chocolate for 21 days straight then see how good you think it is. I tried that and when I ate a piece of chocolate, it was kind of disgusting. Gritty and too sweet.... yuck! Stay Strong!!!

What?? 3 weeks without chocolate? Girl, u r a lot braver than i am! I could never do that. 21 days without chocolate would be like 21 days without air!!! Ya, my chocolate addiction is that serious. since i have been dieting i eat fiber one chocolate granola bars, chocolate yogurt, fiber brownies or just chocolate chips right out of the bag. If there is such thing as chocolate annonymous, I need to start attending. "Hello. My name is Cyndi and I am a CHOCOHOLIC"
  • ido10612
    ido10612 Posts: 51
    Options
    Do you like chocolate mint? Have you tried metromint chocolate water? It has gotten me through a few late night chocolate cravings when my husband was pigging out (I mean literally a box of cookies and half gallon of chocolate milk). It doesn't help the chew factor but definitely tastes yummy and is calorie free. Otherwise find a low fat/calorie alternative that you can treat yourself to in the evenings. You deserve it. Just save up for it :-)

What? Chocolate water?!?! How is that i have never heard of this? As a chocoholic fat girl, someone should have notified me sooner about this!! Thanks for the tip. Im going to google that fo sho!!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Look at clock.....and see how long you can go without having a bite. Wait 5 minutes, and tell yourself you can have it after you wait 5 minutes...after the 5 minutes, keep pushing yourself one minute more....knowing that each time, it is YOU who is making the decision to wait 1 MORE minute......
    meanwhile keep telling yourself:

You are STRONGER than a piece of CHOCOLATE......don't let IT defeat you- YOU are stronger than a piece of chocolate.
  • niccole679
    Options
    Save a few calories for a dark chocolate hersey kiss every night, keep them in the freezer that way you will have to suck on it and it will last long enough to feel like you have had more than one piece.
  • LaneAndKent
    LaneAndKent Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give you my recipe for a shake I have for breakfast every day, and sometimes a snack later. Keep an open mind. If it's chocolate cake you want I can't help you, but if it's truly chocolate you're craving, this MAY help. It has lost me 46 pounds so far...I give it a lot of the credit, anyway, because it's a guilt-free chocolate meal.

It tastes a little "healthy" but after a couple of days I went from tolerating it to CRAVING it.

Fill a blender 1/2 full of ice
    Add 1 Tbsp natural or omega-3 peanut butter
    Add 2 Tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
    Add 2 Tbsp agave nectar (I've been using light and haven't tried dark yet)
    Add 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I use Dannon Oikos)
    Enough water to make the blender run right

Yum. I can't get enough of these. They're about 300-310 calories, serve as an entire meal (so don't do it late night if your calories are maxed out) and keep me full for a long time. Plus you're getting some water intake.

And guess what? The last few days, I've been adding a couple of handfuls of fresh baby spinach and I can't even taste it. The peanut butter and chocolate still take over and you get the benefit of the spinach without having to have ANOTHER salad.

At first I was using a banana for the sweetener but switched to agave because it tastes better to me. A banana does give enough sweet to support the 2 Tbsp of cocoa, though, if bananas are your thing.
  • nati39
    nati39 Posts: 85
    Options
    DON'T DO IT *yelling* its not worth it..show that chocolate who's boss....YOU ARE!!!!!
    *LOL*
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Can't help by yelling at you, but one of my go-to snacks is pretzel m&Ms. 1 pack is 150 calories, an indulgent snack. under 200 calories.