Dieticians in British Columbia

Options
Hello, i was wondering how one goes about seeing a dietician in BC? A friend of a friend of a friend apparently went and got a personalized meal plan, etc. and lost 80 pounds.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you have to get a referral from the doctor, and if the services are included in MSP. thanks so much!

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Hello, i was wondering how one goes about seeing a dietician in BC? A friend of a friend of a friend apparently went and got a personalized meal plan, etc. and lost 80 pounds.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if you have to get a referral from the doctor, and if the services are included in MSP. thanks so much!
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    Sorry- do not have a clue about dieticians in BC but I am sure your doctor would.
    Looks to me as though you are doing really well on your own though- if you have lost 3lb you must be doing something right!! :drinker: :drinker: :smile:

What kind of help were you looking for? Can any of us help?

Good luck

Ali
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm pretty sure you need a referral from your doctor if you want MSP to cover it. Otherwise it can be a bit expensive. I know up here in Northern BC there is also a waiting list to get it...but I hear the wait is worth it!
    Good Luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm not in BC, but in Manitoba I believe you do need a referral, esp. if you want it covered. Talk to your doc about it for sure. :flowerforyou: