Strangest thing you do regarding calories/weight loss

Options
kellybones
kellybones Posts: 281 Member
What I mean is, what do you do that if you look at it objectively - is a little weird perhaps - but is intended to help you on your weight loss journey?

Mine that comes to mind - everytime I go to the bathroom at work (and I go A LOT from all my water consumption!), I have to do 10 reps of some exercise after I go.

So - I do 10 jumping jacks, 10 wall pushups, 10 toe touches, 10 high knees, 10 squats, etc, etc...

You? Do you do anything weird?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I spend a ridiculous amount of hours on a certain free calorie counting and fitness website.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I spend a ridiculous amount of hours on a certain free calorie counting and fitness website.

OMG ME TOO
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Nothing I do is strange. Ever.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I eat my desserts and nut butter with baby food spoons, so they last longer.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • lsd007
    Options

How dare you!? Are you saying we are strange??
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

How dare you!? Are you saying are strange??

What? I think you are missing a pronoun or something.
  • carlxo21
    carlxo21 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

ME TOOO!!!! How freaky!

Lol. I have become a bit obsessive with reaching "hundred" numbers when I work out. Like I can NOT burn only 50 or 112 or 275 calories when I work out. It HAS to be exactly "100, 200, 300" etc according to the machine.
  • lsd007
    Options

How dare you!? Are you saying are strange??

What? I think you are missing a pronoun or something.

Oops, I think the excedrine pm is kicking in. (:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I eat my desserts and nut butter with baby food spoons, so they last longer.

I do this too!!
  • izzyinbliss
    izzyinbliss Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Unless with someone else, whenever I eat, I stop everything else—no email, no TV, no reading, no work. And I pretend to be a food/drink critic, savoring every bite and figuring out what I have to say about it. Whether it's breakfast or lunch or just a quick bite of cliff bar, I do this! I end up eating less and feeling more satiated.
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    I have lost the ability to stand/sit still for extended periods. I think I'm worse than a little kid. I fidget, jiggle my leg, bounce from foot to foot, anything to keep me moving just a little bit more.
  • imprimez
    imprimez Posts: 36
    Options
    I eat red licorice all day to help quench the hunger pangs. I also like sour gummy crawlers if the red vines are not available.

For breakfast on the run a Snickers or two suit me well. Most people think it's weird, but it keeps me satisfied.

I also have a weakness for ice cream.
  • alisont91
    Options
    I plan my days' meals on a piece of paper, write the calories, plan when i'll work out (estimate the calories) and as I complete each meal, depending on if I ONLY ate what I wrote, I'll write myself a little note beside the meal like, "GOOD JOB!" or "FAIL!!!" I keep this at the kitchen table so that I always know what I can/can't eat.
    Also when I'm baking (which I do a lot) I write in big letters "DON'T EAT" on the back of my hand so that I know not to eat the batter. It works...sometimes. haha
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options

ME TOOO!!!! How freaky!

Lol. I have become a bit obsessive with reaching "hundred" numbers when I work out. Like I can NOT burn only 50 or 112 or 275 calories when I work out. It HAS to be exactly "100, 200, 300" etc according to the machine.

I concur. I m addicted.

Beyond this site though.......I have a habit of dancing like a maniac or doing some form of exercise while i m in the kitchen cooking. My kids look at me like I m a nut....I might try your bathroom thing though : P I like it, I like it alawt.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options

yes!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options

OMG ME TOO

And me
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    See, now I assumed that the addiction to MFP was a completely NORMAL thing.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Lord help us all if this site goes away!
    PS:I have heard that bathroom thing before so you are not alone!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do anything strage. I do like to go to the weight room when there are big strong men there that there is no way I can lift even 1/4 of the weight they are. I know it's silly, but when there are women at about my level, I find myself trying too hard to lift as heavy as they do, even if it is a bit out of my ability. It ends up completely messing with my routine.