21 year old Mommy of 3!!

Options
So, that's me!
My name is Carrie. I am married to the father of my children, Daniel, almost 5 years now.
From Indiana, but travel a lot do to the hubby's career.
As you probably already guess, I was a good weight in HS. 120lbs (thought I was fat).
I ended up pregnant at a young age. I gained 37 lbs and only lost 10 of that.
Got pregnant again, gained around 10 lbs, lost it, but still couldn't fit into pre-pregnant clothes.
Then... Pregnant AGAIN! Gained a good 27 lbs. Got me to the heaviest I have ever been. I lost a good amount of weight and inches within a week of being home. I could fit into and button my jeans with no effort.
Then, I started gaining again, my son is only 5 months old. I have been trying to eat right (with no help from the hubby! Who is as small as a toothpick!!!)
It's hard to get a good workout in or even eat right with my 5 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and 5 month old.
My husband comes home late and is gone early (Army).
I don't know what to do! I feel like I am breaking down! I not only want to lose weight to look nice, but my family has A LOT of health problems!!!!!
I'm just at a loss...

Replies

• crrhpkns
    Options
    So, that's me!
    My name is Carrie. I am married to the father of my children, Daniel, almost 5 years now.
    From Indiana, but travel a lot do to the hubby's career.
    As you probably already guess, I was a good weight in HS. 120lbs (thought I was fat).
    I ended up pregnant at a young age. I gained 37 lbs and only lost 10 of that.
    Got pregnant again, gained around 10 lbs, lost it, but still couldn't fit into pre-pregnant clothes.
    Then... Pregnant AGAIN! Gained a good 27 lbs. Got me to the heaviest I have ever been. I lost a good amount of weight and inches within a week of being home. I could fit into and button my jeans with no effort.
    Then, I started gaining again, my son is only 5 months old. I have been trying to eat right (with no help from the hubby! Who is as small as a toothpick!!!)
    It's hard to get a good workout in or even eat right with my 5 year old, 2 1/2 year old, and 5 month old.
    My husband comes home late and is gone early (Army).
    I don't know what to do! I feel like I am breaking down! I not only want to lose weight to look nice, but my family has A LOT of health problems!!!!!
    I'm just at a loss...
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just remember to take it one day at time watch your calories, sugar and carbs, drink lots of water I mean a ton and try to walk or play outside with your kids all the movement that you do can help you lose the weight.

Just remember you started here and this site is full of support.:flowerforyou: Meghan
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That's right, one day at a time. I have 3 children myself, not all as young as yours but I do have a 9 month old so I know exercise can be hard sometimes. Hopefully this site will be as helpful and encouraging for you as it has been for me - I've lost 61 pounds total and 18 lbs since I joined MFP the 2nd week in October. You can do it!!!!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Are there other Army mommies around you who could start a boot camp together?? Take the kids to the play ground and do lunges all the way around...and then jumping jacks...and then...you get the drift. You wouldn't be alone and would be able to keep some kind of structure to it.
  • crrhpkns
    Options
    Thanks girls! Ya'll are great! I can already tell I'm going to love this site!
    Now.... Can't wait to start losing some inches!!!!!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just coming here and signing up is a great start and you should be proud of yourself. After I came here I started "getting it"... that I need to live a healthy and active lifestyle for SO many reasons, not just the number on the scale. Since then I have felt better both mentally and physically. And I agree with those who said to take it one day at a time... slow and steady really does win the weight loss race because it's the ONLY thing that works in the long-term. I like to think of everything as a choice. Am I making good choices today? Am I making a bad choice? Whatever I'm about to eat or drink or work out or not, I say, "what is the best choice to make?" That way it is a fun experience and I congratulate myself on all my good choices. When I make a bad choice, which I do, I move on. I am determined not to let it get me down because overall I make so many good choices that I know I should be proud of myself instead of down on myself. And so should you! :) You can change your eating and activity styles to be a good example for your children (and husband ha ha). Good luck to you, we are all here to cheer you on!
  • kazzit
    kazzit Posts: 113
    Options
    dont put yourself down your worth much more
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it- just put your mind to it and stick with it:flowerforyou:
  • huffster
    Options
    So that's you? Nice chin... As for your predicament, you have a great situation if you include your kids in your new healthier lifestyle. Strap on the baby, put the tike in wagon or a larger stroller and go for a run. Walk a lot! Exercise with the kids by playing with them. Use their weight for leg lifts, push ups, etc. Tap into their energy. Just keeping up with a five year old ought to strip away pounds. Plant a garden, even if it's just a container garden and make a big deal out of eating the healthy food you can grow. Most of all, have bunches of fun.

Here's hoping you see the brighter side. Fitting into a certain sized jeans is one thing, having a blast with two kids and enjoying the space you live in is another. Go get 'em! :glasses: