Fair food nutrition...chicken skewers, stir-fried veggies, n

Options
I'm going to a county fair tomorrow, and I *love* fair food. I'm determined not to totally mess up, though. I really love the chicken skewers, stir-fried veggies and noodles, but I'm thinking I'll skip the noodles this year and get an extra serving of veggies. However, I can't seem to find a source of nutrition information for this type of fair food (lots of info on other, more traditional fair food, but the meat skewers/veggies/noodles have been a favorite vendor at my county fair for years, so I was hoping to find some reliable calorie/protein/carb counts for these foods.

Replies

• PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Good for you for wanting to enjoy yourself but also make healthy choices. I just think you are going to have to be realistic and figure out they are going to put a lot more fat, sugar, and whatever else we all crave. Find some version of Claim Jumpers, Bubba Gump, or ?????? that makes things similar to what you are thinking about and adjust portions accordingly. It won't be exact but you will be doing your best to be honest with the calories. Do it before you go and you probably will resist a lot more things as just not worth it. Good luck. We have a fair here as well this weekend and I, too, will need to make some good choices.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    can you put in some extra exercise time or a harder workout tomorrow to burn a bit more?
  • scatterbunny
    Options
    At this point I'm doing 1400 calories/day and zero exercise. I want to see what diet alone can do, and I want to get some weight off before I start exercising (bad joints). However, MFP says that one hour of slow walking (2mph) will burn over 200 calories, and I'm thinking I'll be walking more than one hour at the fair tomorrow, so I might consider that my exercise for the day, and that will hopefully cover the food I plan on eating while there. I managed to find some generic entries for teriyaki chicken skewers, stir-fried veggies, and stir-fried noodles, so I just used those and I'm calling it good. I've done well enough the past few weeks that one day being slightly off won't hurt terribly. :)