Hey everyone

Options
I'm Corin, I'm 19 and I'm from New York. I made an account for MFP last year and it really helped. If anyone has any advice that'd also be great. My biggest challenge is eating the right foods and portion sizes. Any tips on how to get motivated to exercise would also be extremely helpful! :smile:

Replies

• surfino
    surfino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    do something that you like.. I always hated running with no reasons.. I go surfing and doing some cardio dance.. I burn a lot of calories and i enjoy doing it, that's the key!
    greets from Rome :)
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you(: I hate running too but I love swimming and cardio classes so maybe I'll work that into my routine!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    I agree with Surfino do something you like or make a routine everyday for instance I try to get in 30mins of stretching combined with yoga relaxation breathing techniques within the first hour of waking up everyday or there's always some exercise on TV really early in the morning 6:30am? you could do that too as long as you do the recommended 3 days per week for 30 mins you need to do more if you want to lose weight.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    my kids and i go swimming all the time step classes are fun too if you can make it there but take time out to tone your body on freeweights
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I plan on exercising 5 times a week for at least 45 minutes. I do enjoy yoga though, I'm just not very good at it haha but the stretching always helps. Thank you!
  • hazieo
    hazieo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was always an exercise-phobe, hated it with a passion!!
    So, I do a mix of things, one week I'll take a yoga class or two, another week I'll go swimming and sometimes I'll just stick with walking - I head up to the park with some bread to feed the ducks :-)
    That way I don't feel like I "have" to go to class at a certain time/date, but I'm still getting some activity in!
    Good luck with your plan!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good luckx