Weight Loss & Beer

Options
2»

Replies

• gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    a couple of observations from my experience

i love beer so i cant put enjoying life and giving up beer in the same paragraph. moderation, as with most things, is important though and while i might enjoy getting drunk like i did in college, i am happy not living like that anymore.

I have always had a very high tolerance, in college i used to workout in the early evening, then shower and go out which lowered my tolerance so i didnt have to drink as much (this was a cost and time savings thing at the time).

a beer a day is good for you, getting drunk is not - that isnt to say you need to stop getting drunk to lose a few pounds. the loss of weekday drinking will definately help/not go to waste.

in general, the younger you are the quicker your metabolism and the quicker your body expels the bad stuff you picked up with your beers so you have that going for you for the time being.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Check out the beers nutritional info and find out the ones that are not t too high in calories and eat less on those days you want to drink or workout more.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *save for later*
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    i am cutting out my vino during the week but having it on a sat you gotta live !!!! iam saving cals during the week for it , this is only week 2 just starting but lost 4 pounds week one (2 bottles of wine on sat ) i think it still possible :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I use alcohol to get MORE calories in at the end of some days...
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I love beer and all of my friends are beer snobs. I'm not talking drinking Coors, Bud or Yuengling. I'm talking the "goooood stuff" like Pliney the Elder, Victory beers, Brooklyn, a nice saison.

What you need to watch is the alcohol content. The higher the alcohol%, the higher the calories. The good thing with the database is it has a lot of beers already pre-loaded. And if you can't find your favorite, you can usually find the brewmasters webpage online and ask them for the nutritional value, if it's not already on their page.

My most favorite beer (Leine's Berry Weiss) is 207 calories, while a Guiness is only 120 calories. Go figure, right?!