Headaches

Options
Hi,

Not sure if im posting this in the right place? I get an awful lot of headaches and im wondering if it has anything to do with what im eating/not eating? I think I eat fairly healthy (feel free view Diary) yet most days I suffer from headaches, I have had my eyes tested so eliminate that, so the only other thing I can think of is what im eating or maybe not eating? Im trying to maintain my weight so usually stay within my calories, exercise regular, so in general am quite a fit and healthy person, any idea anybody?

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Could be related? just make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Dont know what you're diet regime was like before you started on MFP (5th August 11).. But did you drink coffee, cola or any other caffeine intake?

I did the Vordeman 14 summer detox, a few years ago, and suffered mahoooosive headaches. Then my partner, who's idea it was to do the detox and as she was doing it... so was I !!, read in the book that C V advises to start a gradual caffeine drop, a week or so prior to starting properly.

The sudden "cold turkey" effect of cutting out coffee, sets off headaches.

:o)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can do elimination diets for these things. Different foods can cause headaches. Dairy is a very common cause. If you don't feel like doign an elimination diet then you can keep a food diary and see what you're eating and drinking on days you get headaches.
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wasnt that different always drink lots of water, have a cup of tea in the morning then drink water for rest of day and cup of tea at night, dont think its dehydration as drink minimum of 8 glasses water usually more,
  • vballcaptain
    Options
    Hunger headaches - you get headaches when youre body isnt getting enough nutrition, or calories. Even if youre not hungry... you may get these headaches when you diet too intensely
  • cathylovestim
    Options
    I used to get headaches almost every day until I started seeing a naturopath. After doing labs and meeting with her to go over my health/diet history she discovered that I was not eating near enough protein. Since becoming aware of that and making sure I get enough in my daily diet, the headaches, for the most part, are gone! So if I were you, check your protein intake. : )