results how soon?

Options
Can you please share with me how long it took for you to see some results on a 1200 calorie diet plan? I feel less bloated but results are slow. Thanks

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Take it slow. If you stick to your goals you will lose.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    When I went to 1200 cals, my progress plateaued. I upped my allowed calories by adjusting my daily activity level and wanting to lose only 1 lb a week. I started this way and did well and am back to doing what worked for me.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    don't just watch the scale, but take your measurements as well. Sometimes you lose inches first
    Stay strong. If you stick with it, you will notice results and so will others :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you want to maintain the weight loss and keep it off, you need to lose weight slowly. 1 - 2 lbs per week is a good start. But that also depends on how much you have to lose. If you only need to lose 10-20 lbs, your loss should be about .5 lbs.

These success stories you see of 30 / 60 / 90 lbs loss are over months and years.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?
    As long as it takes is the anwer.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When you commit to a healthier lifestyle, change begins to happen immediately - but not all change can be measured on a scale. Stick with your program and tune in to the way your body feels and works. You'll begin to feel the change. :) Good luck!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    How did you select 1200 calories? I have been working with doctors and nutritionists and they give us a 1500 calorie diet to safely and effectively lose weight. We limit our carbs to 100 g per day and sugars to no more than 12g per serving. We also have a required protein intake of 80g per day and must take multi vitamins, iron and supplemental vitamin D.

If you do not eat enough calories it is likely you will not keep the weight off, if your body allow you to lose it at all. Unless you are losing small amounts of weight (less than 10 pounds), make sure you have guidance in chosing your daily caloric intake.

If you take in the proper amount of calories, most people see results at the end of the first week. But, ONLY weigh yourself once a week at the most.

Good luck....
  • jenners89
    Options
    I am trying to lose 10kg to 16kg

10258914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The best thing for you to do is look at the success stories. A lot of them will tell you how they did it and how long it took them to get there. Find a few that had the same amount to lose as you do now.

I started losing weight on June 21st of this year, and I've lost 26 pounds. But I have a lot to lose, so it comes off faster for me, than it would someone who only needs to lose 20 lbs.
  • kamula
    kamula Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i need to loose 20 lbs but i feel i am in starvation mode. i dont feel like eeating