Any Gilad fans out there?

Options
JNettie73
JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
Hi everyone. I've been on MFP for a few weeks now but this is my first community post. I was just wondering if any of you are fans of Gilad? If so which workouts do you enjoy doing? I have quite a collection of Gilad workouts, sadly many are on VHS. I am hoping to upgrade the ones I really like to DVD in the future.

I first got into Gilad years ago. I worked out to my favorite, Best of Bodies in Motion, every day and in four months went from a size 12/14 to a size six. Sadly over the years I let myself go (really really go). Just recently I got back into his workouts and am trying to build up my endurance. Right now I've been working out with him 3-4 days a week. Right now I find I have to go to the marching move several times during my workouts to catch my breath, but like Gilad says "You never sit down!!!" Eventually I will be able to do the workout without having to march. My favorite workouts are Best of Bodies in Motion and the Quick Fit system. I also like Cuts & Curves, Power and Grace and Core & More. But they leave my muscles screaming for days. I suppose over time it will get easier.

Just wanted to say hi and hope to connect with some Gilad fans!
~Jeanette

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Watching Bodies in Motion, gosh, over 20 years ago was my first intro to the tv fitness world! I used to love doing workouts with them. I still dvr them when they come on, but forget to do them! LOL I loved hearing his voice, the accent and his tone just did it for me! LOL Looks like I'll be checking my dvr later on to see what is on there! Thanks for the reminder!
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    I love Gilad. Nothing like a little eye candy as you work out. I have one video that I recorded onto DVD--my machine will do that. Can't remember the title, but his mother is one of the people in it. Have no idea if that is normal or not, but it impressed me.
  • jhoyett
    jhoyett Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OMG, I can't believe he's still at it...it's been about 20 years for me too! I'd workout with Gil and his gang before watching PiR and Y&R. Those were the days. I'll have to look him up because I loved the 30 minute workout.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE gilad!!! I miss him being on TV in the afternoons to work out to... I bought my mom the Best of Bodies in Motion DVD for Christmas, I need to get some of his work outs for myself! He's so motivating and its fun watching 80's workouts.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I loved Gilad, I could not do the traditional aerobics because I had no coordination but I had no problem doing Gilads workouts. I would workout with him everyday when he was on tv and when I went to university many years a go I bought one of his workouts on VHS. I did that workout many times over the years. But when dvd's came out I got rid of my VCR so it was bye, bye Gilad. I could not find another workout program I liked until I discovered Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I wonder if there are any Gilad workouts I could order on amazon?
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I loved Gilad, I could not do the traditional aerobics because I had no coordination but I had no problem doing Gilads workouts. I would workout with him everyday when he was on tv and when I went to university many years a go I bought one of his workouts on VHS. I did that workout many times over the years. But when dvd's came out I got rid of my VCR so it was bye, bye Gilad. I could not find another workout program I liked until I discovered Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I wonder if there are any Gilad workouts I could order on amazon?

I got a couple of Gilad's workouts off Amazon. I got his 45/45 Split routine workout. One routine is 45 minutes of toning (w/o weights) and the other is 45 minutes of high/low impact aerobics. I also got his Interval Training DVD. It says it's for men but I love it! It's aerobics, weight training and floor work. Great workout. I'm not coordinated at all so I can't do a lot of the fancy aerobics stuff. Both of these DVDs are copyrighted 1990.

I found Gilad on FitTV with his Total Body Sculpt. Love that workout! I do that on the days I just can't get out of bed early enough to do a full 45 minutes or an hour. LOL I hope you can find something you like.

I love Gilad!
  • joramaker
    joramaker Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I Love Gilad! I work out to his Total Body Sculpt. I need to get some DVD's, I am just using my DVR right now. He is amazing.