wrong weight :(

Options
so I recntly baught a scale because i'v been using the wii to weigh myself...and the results were so sad..i weight like 6 pounds more then I tought i\I did....god thats frustrating

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    My scale is off by 4 lbs. When I go to the Doctor I am 4 lbs heavier. I just add those 4 to my weight when I weigh myself at home.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Each scale measures differently. That's why the actual number isn't as important as the trends. Who knows, maybe your new scale measures high. It's impossible to know. Just adjust your previous weigh-ins to reflect your new scale, and keep on trucking. :)
  • hannahgray
    hannahgray Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks guys :)
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    I have to put a plug in for Tanita scales. My Dr uses one for body composition and I weigh the same there--after a 2 hr drive, fasting for bloodwork, as I do at home on mine. I am good with that.

Also remember cheaper scales quite often are not well balanced. No idea what you paid, but the digitals that do composition tend to be better.

The trends are very important though.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    use it as motivation =]. that happen to me with 10 pounds instead of crying I decided to suck it up and lose that 10 pounds!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that your weight just naturally fluctuates a lot during the day, from day to day and depending upon what you're wearing. I gain about 4 pounds every day from morning to evening (gravity???) but next morning I'm back down to where I was the morning before. Don't let the numbers get you down - it's how you feel, how your clothes fit and the overall trend the numbers show over time, weighing only once a week, same day, same time, same clothes.