Rewards for success- ideas

Options
Anyone have anything they do to reward themselves for successes?

I was thinking of treating myself to a massage or a pedicaure or something, I just don't want to go broke in the process!

And I'd love to hear what people do to reward themselves for little victories along the way that don't necessarily "break the bank."

Thoughts?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Pat on the back.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My reward is fitting into clothes that used to be too small for me!
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My reward is fitting into clothes that used to be too small for me!

Ditto!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I didn't really do anything but "good job' for the first 30 pounds

At 30 pounds I had to buy new pants (old ones falling off)
    At 40 pounds I had my friend highlight my hair (free or really cheap)
    At 50 pounds I bought a new bathing suit(which is currently too big, YEA)
    At 60 pounds I was suppose to get a massage....hasnt happened yet...life is busy
    At 70 pounds I didn't do anything but "good job"
    At 80 pounds I had to buy more clothes

I hit goal this past Sunday....kudos I guess! :)
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Take a walk on the beach and look for the perfect rock to remember your day - maybe start a collection of stones representing your weight loss that you can display in a pretty bowl (only you will know what they represent.)

You will think of great things that fit you and your personality.
  • KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    There are things that you buy to treat yourself, those are nice.

Nothing equals the glow I've felt since I got there and kept my weight where I always wanted it. That's your best reward, the inner peace that comes with control of diet and health, if you ask me :)
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Sorry. Mine all involve spending money. It's on things I wanted anyway, and can afford, but wouldn't normally spend it on, because I'm thrifty like that :) So my reward is giving myself permission to indulge a little.

Maybe get siginificant other to give you a massage? Give yourself permission to do something fun & inexpensive that you wouldn't ordinarily?
  • gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Take a walk on the beach and look for the perfect rock to remember your day - maybe start a collection of stones representing your weight loss that you can display in a pretty bowl (only you will know what they represent.)

You will think of great things that fit you and your personality.

I love this idea-in fact I might do that. For every 1lb lost I might get a pebble and for every stone (14lbs) I lose-I will find a bigger one and maybe make it glittery. I can have these in a vase as a visual reminder of how much I have achieved. :)

JUST WONDERFUL xx
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas. Thanks for sharing. And agree the success itself is its own reward.
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    I've bought myself some new clothes (more out of necessity). I have a Pandora bracelet and got a charm for getting halfway there and will get another one when I've reached my final goal. I also plan to take a new professional family portrait so I can have a really nice picture and be proud of how I look in it. And all along I've been buying myself new workout videos and exercise equipment as mini rewards.

I love the idea of a massage, though. I might have to add that to my list!