Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV - Resisted a fast food breakfast

Ok, some background. I only live less than a mile from work. I know I need to ride my bike or walk, its on my to do list as soon as the 100 degree temperatures subside...

Anyway, this morning instead of my mother coming to my house to watch the kids, I took them to her house and *forgot* to make myself breakfast. On the way back to work I debated on stopping to grab something quick, knowing my blood sugar would drop if I didn't eat. It's a small town so the choices are go in somewhere, eat at a drive thru, or run home and make a egg white, veggie sausage, and wheat bread fold over.

The answer was simple, run home and make my new favorite breakfast! I didn't realize how much of a difference eating from home every morning was making on how I feel during the workday until after I got to work this morning. My blood sugar hasn't dropped in weeks, I feel better all day, and I don't binge at the other meals!!

Can't wait for my next epiphany that eating better has great effects on my health and well being!!

Replies

• GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    What a great feeling to know you can resist such temptation! Congrats- that's a great NSV! BTW- egg white, veggie sausage and wheat bread fold over sounds good! :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Amazing!!! Great job!
  • That is awesome. And how good is that feeling once you've made it past that "hump" of the decision and you know you made the right one? It can carry you the rest of the day....good job!
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 904 Member
    And you didn't have to spend any money$
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Congrats hunni, that fold over sounds delicious!!!!
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    very inspirational! Keep it up
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    whoohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! great job!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    I should try this in a pita for my running to work breakfast!! NICE FIND!!!
  • Thanks everyone. It really did start the day off right!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!