WATER!!!!

Options
Hi everyone! It is easy easy for me to consume water when I am home in my own digs, but when I am out and about running the kids all over and doing errands...it's so hard! Yes, I bring a water bottle, do I drink it? At a very slow pace--otherwise, I'd be in the bathroom every 20 minutes. What do you all do??

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are not getting thirsty, then you are getting enough water. If you are thirsty, then drink something.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I like super icy water so I pick up a water from a fast food place and just drink it as it melts.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way when I'm out doing things. I just make up for it when I get home.
  • terence
    terence Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi everyone! It is easy easy for me to consume water when I am home in my own digs, but when I am out and about running the kids all over and doing errands...it's so hard! Yes, I bring a water bottle, do I drink it? At a very slow pace--otherwise, I'd be in the bathroom every 20 minutes. What do you all do??

I get my water from the food I eat, the coffee I drink, and an occasional bottle of water. There is a huge misunderstanding and a modicum of hysteria (driven by the marketers of bottled water, of course) about necessary water intake.

It's not difficult to find recent research on the topic.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    This is what I TRY to do to squeeze in my water.

(Working as a Barista and a student, it makes having pee time difficult).

When to drink water...

When you wake up before doing anything.
    (If you check your weight in the morning, pee, weigh, drink.)

Before you have breakfast

While you're eating breakfast.

Have half a water bottle between breakfast and lunch (or a whole one)!

While you're eating lunch.

Before eating dinner.

During dinner.

I find that room temperature water is easiest to drink if I have to do it fast. I prefer cold water, even though my teeth don't, but room temperature water makes getting 1 glass in in about 10 seconds. I hope this helped!
  • Lisajoy1
    Lisajoy1 Posts: 22
    Options
    you are very helpful!!! thanks for the suggestions--about how much do you drink of water a day???

another question then...do you think a 1 or 2 pd weight loss is better for you? When I set this up--I was told after putting in my info that I get 1790 calories (I workout 5-6 days a week), and that seems like wayyyyyy to many calories, so I changed and put that I am not working out and that I want to lose 1 1/2 pds a week--it brought me down to 1500 or something of that nature....is that doable? I see a lot of 1200 calories here, and I'd be starving!! and, what happens if you don't consume all your calories??
  • ChristalJo
    Options
    My issues isn't that I don't drink enough water... It's that I drink TOO much water! I average about 15 - 20 bottles a day. Thank God for my hard plastic bottles and a pur water filter!
  • cameralinds
    Options
    you are very helpful!!! thanks for the suggestions--about how much do you drink of water a day???

another question then...do you think a 1 or 2 pd weight loss is better for you? When I set this up--I was told after putting in my info that I get 1790 calories (I workout 5-6 days a week), and that seems like wayyyyyy to many calories, so I changed and put that I am not working out and that I want to lose 1 1/2 pds a week--it brought me down to 1500 or something of that nature....is that doable? I see a lot of 1200 calories here, and I'd be starving!! and, what happens if you don't consume all your calories??

I DID have a goal to drink a gallon of water per day for the month of August...lasted two whole days. But typically I drink anywhere from 6-10 glasses. I know you're supposed to drink half of your body weight in ounces. So if someone weighs 200 lbs, they should be drinking 100 ounces.

Or you could do the 8 glasses per day and add an additional glass per fifteen minutes of exercise!

You always need to meet your net calories, otherwise your body will get thrown off. Your calories are set based on your goals at your current weight, so if that's 1790, that's how many your body needs in order to function. So when you exercise, you should eat those back (at least half of them if you don't want to do all of them) for that NET calorie reason. 1.5 pounds is doable for a while, but with building muscle, and your current weight (which I don't know), I don't know how long you could keep it up. It's recommended you do 1 lb. For my height and weight I know I should be at .5 lb, but I've insisted to stay at 1 for the time being.

I know it's a late comment, but I hope I was helpful even if a little bit.