Doors are locked, it's dark outside, and then you hear somet

Options
....your stomach growls or your feeling in the mood to munch on something around bedtime. What do you do? Do you ignore the call or do you eat something. If so, what is your favorite treat during the dreaded nighttime snack attack? I need some healthy ideas or tips.

Replies

• getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I go for peanut butter and hot cocoa/chocolate milk, granola thin, almonds, with low fat cheese (I tend to crave sweet and cheesy!). Something that is pretty filling and don't have me coming back for more.
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jello!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I go for peanut butter and hot cocoa/chocolate milk, granola thin, almonds, with low fat cheese (I tend to crave sweet and cheesy!). Something that is pretty filling and don't have me coming back for more.

I love, LOVE cheese. What cheese do you eat?
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    Something like a granola bar and a bottle of water....or a banana and bottle of water.
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn!!! It's my best go-to snack! You get 6.5 cups, so it takes a while to eat, and I always feel like I've eaten a ton but it's only 100 calories, so I don't ruin my day!!
  • ywolfie
    ywolfie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Frozen fresh fruit is the only thing I eat after dark. I get a huge bag of it from Walmart (mixed fruit), and eat it a cup at a time sharing it occasionally with my kids or my dog.
  • ManyShadesofKaz
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn!!! It's my best go-to snack! You get 6.5 cups, so it takes a while to eat, and I always feel like I've eaten a ton but it's only 100 calories, so I don't ruin my day!!

I do that to except with Kettle-corn and a bottle of water for the sodium
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Either raw veggies so I can at a bunch with minimal calories or a bowl of cherries... which just taste yummy.
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I normally grab a piece of fruit and water...sometimes almonds, or a granola bar but I always drink some water!!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    mostly at night, I feel the hunger. I try to hard to resist doesn't want me to. locked doors keeping me in. I feel the beast growing inside must consume have to hold back aahhhhhghhhh must maintain feeling hunnnger, so very very hungry

sometimes I wake up in the bushes, mud and dirt and blood on my cloths.
  • janetj518
    Options
    For me, it depends on if I am really, honestly hungry. If I start to feel the urge, I will review my food diary while drinking a glass of water. Most of the time, this will curb my hunger and I won't snack. BUT, if I am honestly hungry, I will have a light yogurt, raw veggies or a piece of fruit.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options

I love, LOVE cheese. What cheese do you eat?

I love cheese too! If I feel like indulging it's havarti which is my favorite cheese (Oh so yummy). Since I want to go for a lighter version of goodness I get the Laughing Cow light garlic & herb wedge or the light babybel. All so yummy!!!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    Options
    mostly at night, I feel the hunger. I try to hard to resist doesn't want me to. locked doors keeping me in. I feel the beast growing inside must consume have to hold back aahhhhhghhhh must maintain feeling hunnnger, so very very hungry

sometimes I wake up in the bushes, mud and dirt and blood on my cloths.

OMG, hahahahahahahahahaha! You just got the first smile of the day from me.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    Options
    For me, it depends on if I am really, honestly hungry. If I start to feel the urge, I will review my food diary while drinking a glass of water. Most of the time, this will curb my hunger and I won't snack. BUT, if I am honestly hungry, I will have a light yogurt, raw veggies or a piece of fruit.

What a fabulous idea!!
  • JenniferNeff
    Options
    Some good advice for me was, "if all you could have to eat was broccolli would you still eat?" if you just cant ignore then ...string cheese and bold and spicy almonds :) If sweet is what is kickin in Skinny Cow rocks the house!!!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    Options
    Some good advice for me was, "if all you could have to eat was broccolli would you still eat?" if you just cant ignore then ...string cheese and bold and spicy almonds :) If sweet is what is kickin in Skinny Cow rocks the house!!!

I love broccoli and would eat it, especially if it was raw, hee hee. Skinny Cows are delish but I have to keep sugars out of the house, husband is a diabetic and I can't have temptation around him. I think I'll do string cheese, takes forever to eat it. :)