day 3 is overwhelming

Options
It's day 3 of posting calorie intake. I have to say it's a little bit overwhelming. It takes a lot of time sitting at this computer entering every calorie I've eaten. I can see that is will be beneficial but is there any advice for a newby just getting started. I need to lose at least 50 lbs. I'm a 45 yr old single mother needing to begin taking care of 'me'! Any advice is much appreciated.
Terri

Replies

• julzmm
    julzmm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It will get easier, once a week is up you will find your usual foods are already there and you can just click on them, or change the amounts etc. you will also find those foods that you need to cut out too. Stick at it, use the search database too, you will find lots of your foods there!
    Good luck! Add me if you want.
    Julz
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I use my phone for most of the calorie counting. I have a newer android phone, and there is this nifty feature in the myfitnesspal app that instead of typing in the product name (which can be a pain on touch screens) I can scan the bar code on the packaging, for those foods that come in packaging, and it pops right up with the product. Really cuts down on the entering in time. And the recent foods will make it easier too. Stick to it!!
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    It does take time to get used to it but I've been here since October and it's second nature to me now. Thankfully most everything is already entered in, all you gotta do is search for it!
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    I know what you mean. This is day three for me as well. I was counting calories and doing well but went on vacaction and out the window the counting went... I just try to put in my calories as i eat. I use my smartphone which makes it a bit easier inputting your calories and stuff. I think as time goes on it just becomes easier. Good luck....