Handwriting Talk

Options
2»

Replies

• ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Cursive, my kids all write 'properly' too :) Handwriting is still a big thing in our schools.

My signature is big and loopy (some might say like the writer!) and have been known to run out of space on legal forms that require signatures. I had to practice for 20 minutes reducing my signature to fit in the teeny boxes they allow you on my passport and driving license
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    With the use of keyboards and texting, less and less communication is done via handwriting. In fact, some schools no longer teach kids how to write in cursive.

How often do you write? Print vs Cursive? What is your signature like? If you are left handed, do you write with your hand upside down?

Discuss.

I rarely write in cursive, I print most times. I am right handed, but when I write, everything slants to the left. I can't have the paper straight in front of me when I write. I have to turn the paper so the right corner is facing up. It's a real pain because when I have to sign a debit/credit screen, and I can't turn it the way I want it, I scribble like a 6 yr old! lol it My teachers always read my papers last, because they were so hard to read. It 's very neat...just a little unique.

Now my son is left handed. He does write in the classic, left handed, upside down fashion. But, for a guy, he has the neatest handwriting I have ever seen!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I kind of write in a hybrid cursive-print thing. I learned cursive in school, but I don't like the look of some of the letters. What I hate are those big, loopy letters some girls write with. Looks so juvenile.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm right-handed. I write in cursive most of the time. For my signature, it depends on what I'm signing. If it's a letter (yes, I write actual letters to people), I sign with a totally legible signature. If it's a credit card slip or something similar, my first name is legible, but my last name is a scribble.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    My handwriting is a mixture of print & cursive...probably "against the rules of writing", lol

Same here.

My handwriting tends to be very messy as I'm always in a hurry. If I have the opportunity to type something, I always choose that route as I'm a very fast typist.

But when I have to sign anything...it just looks like a bunch of squiggles at this point.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I can print and write in cursive. I prefer cursive, but most people can't read it - even though it's neat. Young people don't even know... *sigh*

I love to write by hand. I have very neat, precise handwriting with a feminine touch. Most times, my handwriting ends up being a blend of print and cursive.

I am right-handed, but can also write with my left since I had a boxer's fracture in my right hand in 2006 (yes, a girl with a boxer's fracture :-D )...I can also write upside down :-D
  • JigglyHuffRunner
    Options
    'sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive' :tongue: